Robo Recall

it has full mod support. OK unreal modders you know what you have to do. get rid of teleport and add the omni SDK B)
https://uploadvr.com/robo-recall-launches-mod-support-today/

Comments

• hafnerhafner Posts: 5
    Played the first round standing in my Omni. Only teleportation mode of transport works out of the box. Such a shame, this game is perfect for the Omni! What is the intersection of Unreal modders and Omni owners, I wonder.
  • RABIDRABID Posts: 104
    There's already a few locomotion mods. Now we need omni added
  • RABIDRABID Posts: 104
  • DanteMDanteM Posts: 155
    hafner said:

Played the first round standing in my Omni. Only teleportation mode of transport works out of the box. Such a shame, this game is perfect for the Omni! What is the intersection of Unreal modders and Omni owners, I wonder.

most of the best modders are from the EU... just look at games like Fallout, Skyrim, Doom etc all the top mods (for the most part) are EU developed so if you are gonna want games modded for the OMNI you'll have to start the Omni Modding Core I'm gonna be making some omni mod's myself using the games mod functions and combining it with the the functions of the Omni SDK you can make a mod that makes the Omni work as a native device. Just kind of a pain until we figure out the best streamlined method for it. I'd imagine many of the mods can be mostly copy and pasted to work for different games with very minor tweaks to make it game specific.
  • samisami Posts: 39
    how hard can it be for the devs in virtuix to crete a mod ? making the omni officially supported ? everyone was waiting for 6 month for this game and everyone was talking about it , yet it comes out without official support or mods for omni , some times it makes you wonder , what are omni employees doing really ? was this game not good enough for them to work on it ? Some people are calling Roborecall as the best VR experience ever made.
    Intel 6950X @ 4.4Ghz
    64GB DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
    2xTitan X Pascals @ 2025Mhz
    Custom open loop EK watercooling.
    Samsung M.2 960 PRO 1TB
    acer 34" 2560x1080 monitor @ 200hz Referesh Rate.
    HD800 Headset with HDVD800 AMP.
  • WombatcaveWombatcave Posts: 17
    I think the bigger issue has been the shift away from WSAD and classic thumb stick controls. These controls have been the staple for FPS games for over 25 years, however; with the advent of motion controllers, companies stopped coding these functions for the games in favor of motion controller input. I can't fully fault Virtuixf or the shift away from from WSAD. It is a shame Dev's don't leave the code in place to use a keyboard as it would allow the Omni to function innately with any of those titles. I have no doubt that in the near future a compromise will be found, and a solution made. As fun as it is to run around in Legacy games via VORPX, there is nothing like the immersion from a ground up VR title. In the meantime I am going to keep galloping my way through Doom 3 BFG, as it is probably the best Omni compatible VR title available to date.
    Virtuix Omni - Mar.11 | HTC Vive | Oculus Rift | Logitech G25 | Saitek X52 PRO |
    I7 3820 16 gig RAM GTX 970 250gb SSD
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDrvzyiqz8Qiu7C5YMGM4Bg
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vrcave/