The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

This one has no VR controller support, so it should be ideal for the Omni. I've been trying to get the Oculus Home build to work via x360ce but I've yet to find a combination of Game Options that successfully hooks.

Comments

• sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,045
    edited March 2
    I tried The Vanishing of Ethan Carter with x360ce a long time ago (with the Steam build), unfortunately could not get it to work. Sadly, they removed WASD input. When questioned about this, they said it was in response to Oculus' best practice guidelines. A pity - it's a very nice looking game and I would love to have played it with the Omni.
    Community Manager at Virtuix
  • VeraxusVeraxus Posts: 36
    I've tried everything. Nothing works.

I even tried changing the controller name in x360ce (some games won't accept a controller that doesn't have a specific name)... no dice.

FYI, I couldn't get the game to recognize a PS4 controller in combined mode, either... I figured that would be easier to test than the Omni in VR every time I tweaked something. This game just won't accept any controller hacks at all.
  • lipploglipplog Posts: 43
    The Omni was why I bought this game in the first place. If anyone finds a way to get the two working, please let me know.
  • DanteMDanteM Posts: 205
    sutekiB said:

I tried The Vanishing of Ethan Carter with x360ce a long time ago (with the Steam build), unfortunately could not get it to work. Sadly, they removed WASD input. When questioned about this, they said it was in response to Oculus' best practice guidelines. A pity - it's a very nice looking game and I would love to have played it with the Omni.

This sounds like the type of thing we need to just simply make a fuss on the steam threads for the game about as well as combine that with bad reviews due to it being removed and I'll bet it gets re-enabled in a heartbeat...