Serious Sam VR: The First Encounter

Hey @admin I just talked to the Serious Sam: First Emcounter VR devs and this is what they said about implementing OMNI support.. it's Croteam, time for you to step in now and get that support rolling. A lot of these devs I've been talking to don't seem to have been contacted yet hope it's helping.

Croteam responded with the below:

We are normally open to implementing support for custom devices, as long as the development requirements are not unreasonable. We did, for example, adjust the engine to properly support mobile headsets via RiftCat.
However, we cannot venture into buying each and every one of those because: (a) there's so many and the market is small, (b) some of those are of limited availability, and (c) a lot of them usually don't ship to our country. If the HW provider can send a device to us, and answer our questions if there are implementation issues, we would usually implement it.

Comments

• adminadmin Posts: 166
    Hi DanteM, yes, we are in touch directly with the CEO of Croteam. More to come!
    Best regards,
    Jan
  • samisami Posts: 61
    DanteM said:

Hey @admin I just talked to the Serious Sam: First Emcounter VR devs and this is what they said about implementing OMNI support.. it's Croteam, time for you to step in now and get that support rolling. A lot of these devs I've been talking to don't seem to have been contacted yet hope it's helping.

Croteam responded with the below:

We are normally open to implementing support for custom devices, as long as the development requirements are not unreasonable. We did, for example, adjust the engine to properly support mobile headsets via RiftCat.
    However, we cannot venture into buying each and every one of those because: (a) there's so many and the market is small, (b) some of those are of limited availability, and (c) a lot of them usually don't ship to our country. If the HW provider can send a device to us, and answer our questions if there are implementation issues, we would usually implement it.

good job @DanteM , surprisingly , am getting more information from you over anyone at virtuix. Thanks !
    Intel 6950X @ 4.4Ghz
    64GB DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
    2xTitan X Pascals @ 2025Mhz
    Custom open loop EK watercooling.
    Samsung M.2 960 PRO 1TB
    acer 34" 2560x1080 monitor @ 200hz Referesh Rate.
    HD800 Headset with HDVD800 AMP.
  • jgwinnerjgwinner Posts: 38
    Any luck? It seems to support the trackpad, but native support would be great.

I have a unit (I'm a backer) and I'll be more than happy to help with the programming or testing if I can :smile:

== John ==
  • adminadmin Posts: 166
    Hi John, Croteam received their Omni last week, so we hope that native Omni support will be ready soon!
  • VeraxusVeraxus Posts: 36
    That's great news. I guess I'll snag First & Second Encounter on the Steam Sale, now.