Serious Sam VR: The Second Encounter

http://store.steampowered.com/app/552460/

Available: 4 April
This game will unlock in approximately 9 hours

asked in steam discussion for omni support , no reply yet.
virtuix please start talking to this company {Developer: Croteam VR } , they pumped so many VR games lately , all of them could use official omni support.

Thanks
Intel 6950X @ 4.4Ghz
64GB DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
2xTitan X Pascals @ 2025Mhz
Custom open loop EK watercooling.
Samsung M.2 960 PRO 1TB
acer 34" 2560x1080 monitor @ 200hz Referesh Rate.
HD800 Headset with HDVD800 AMP.

Comments

• samisami Posts: 55
    Just got a reply from AlenL from : Croteam VR

He Says:
    It should be simple to implement, but we don't have a device to do it. As far as I know, it is not available for open purchase, but only reserved for VR arcades.
    It is more likely that we will support SprintR first, as we will get the device when it is available. That implementation then extends to Omni very easily.

Virtuix , do you mind sending Croteam VR an Omni ? they have plenty of games that support locomotion ! you need them really ! working with them can get you a decent game library !
    Intel 6950X @ 4.4Ghz
    64GB DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
    Samsung M.2 960 PRO 1TB
  • DanteMDanteM Posts: 194
    @admin in case you missed these post ^.^ tagging to make sure haha.
  • adminadmin Posts: 161
    Very strange, I've been in touch with them for a while and we were ready to ship them an Omni (they had agreed to support the Omni), and then they went entirely silent. No response to my several follow-ups. I'll reach out to Alen again now that you guys have pinged him. Please keep pinging them, ha!
    Best regards,
    Jan
    @admin , @sutekiB , @DanteM , I was generously given keys of SS The fist encounter , SS The Second encounter , and SS Fusion 2017 Beta. By Croteam "AlenL" for testing purposes of compatibility between Croteam games and The virtuix omni , I can gladly say that Croteam games works great on the Omni with the only available option of WASD simulation. The game is much more immersive with the omni , and it is a ton of fun to play , specially on the omni.

the movement is not exactly 1:1 , but I expect this to be fixed with official support of the SDK. I cannot remember when was the last time I had so much fun with the omni , it is as good as DOOM 3 BFG on the omni if not better , supporting the Omni SDK officially will probably make the experience even better ! and I cannot wait for that !

@sutekiB , please add the following games to the compatible games list:

Serious Sam The first encounter VR
    Serious Sam The second encounter VR
    Serious Sam Fusion 2017 Beta VR

Thanks
    Intel 6950X @ 4.4Ghz
    64GB DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
    Samsung M.2 960 PRO 1TB
  • jgwinnerjgwinner Posts: 35
    Oh, good news! I'll help with the programming or testing if needed (I'm a backer and have my unit, as well as a developer).

Regarding WASD, did you try trackpad emulation? Supposedly they support the trackpad. That might be more near native support.

== John ==
    jgwinner said:

Oh, good news! I'll help with the programming or testing if needed (I'm a backer and have my unit, as well as a developer).

Regarding WASD, did you try trackpad emulation? Supposedly they support the trackpad. That might be more near native support.

== John ==

Hey John , no more testing required , the game has been approved for supporting the omni using WASD input , from what I heard there wont be native support , there was not enough encouragement for the dev to do it. yet WASD works fine , and the bundle is on sale now on steam for 40% off , you can buy it there now.
    Intel 6950X @ 4.4Ghz
    64GB DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
    Samsung M.2 960 PRO 1TB
  • jgwinnerjgwinner Posts: 35
    Thanks Sami!

Yup, I saw that ... oh well, native would have been nice!

Frankly, with the first encounter I used dual keypad teleportation for most of my movement - not sure there's any real advantage to the Omni. I was blipping all over the place!

== John ==