Worried(heard horror stories)

I own a small commercial business, we made an order three years ago of a two package Omni deal. One for my family, one for my partners family and to just see if it was a viable product to invest in commercially but also because we are both avid gamers and VR enthusiast. If it turned out to function well, we'd probably get 10-20 more depending on the cost and footprint. Back then though Virtuix delivery estimate was 4 months so I ordered April 2014 thought we would receive them in August. Since then three years and a lot of changes have gone by our current location is closing and we are probably going our separate ways. I would like to continue in comercial entertainment but omnis are kind of like this odd floating part of the road map because even if I were to miraclioysly get my personal order tomorrow I have no idea when the hell another order of 20 would ever be delivered. But we still really want the products we ordered for ourselves three years ago. My problem is the support departments now telling me to communicate to the commercial department that's kinda just dismissed me continuesly the past few years. As well as telling me in order for our personal delivery to go through. On top of paying $300-$500 for shipping they want us to purchase a commercial license. Why? For what?

I'm afraid because I saw another poster that was in a similar situation and Virtuix canceled their order and forced a refund on them. And we are praying that after all this time the same thing won't be done to us.

Comments

• Wouldn't the 10-20 be used for commercial use? What country are you in?
  • Obs545Obs545 Posts: 13
    United States.......

Yes if we ordered 10-20 of them, those would be for commercial use. But we have not ordered those yet.

Three years ago virtuix offered a two-Omni package.
    My business partner and I both being very avid gamers and VR enthusiast. Jumped on that hoping if it worked out well and we could demo them to some investors we could gain capital to expand our business and buy a commercial package of the omnis.

So I recently inquired about our order because it was three years ago as of April 9th.
    They responded

"Thank you for checking in. We still have some way to go before we reach your order, but we'll let you know when it is ready to ship.

By the way, we notice that you have multiple Omnis and accessories, and appear to have a commercial entertainment venue. Please note that if you are interested in using the Omni commercially, we do have a commercial program that includes support and content licensing. There is a fee for this, but if you would like to take a look at our program we can put you in touch with our sales department - they can provide you with more details and show you a brochure. Just let us know if you'd like to learn more. We hope this finds you well!

Best regards,
    The virtuix team."
    ---------------------------------
    My response,

"Commercially we may be on hiatus for some time but I've contacted your commercial department already... many times. They always say they are full right now but they'll contact me in the future.

Sent from my iPhone"

------------------------------
    Their reply
    We apologize for the slow start to our commercial program, but our commercial team is more than willing to talk to you right now. Can you please suggest a few times on Mon - Wednesday that you are available?

Since you are a commercial entertainment company it would be best to clear this up as a commercial agreement would be necessary to proceed with your order.
    ----------------------

I know I'm probably over reacting but as I said I rennet some one posting in this forum that they were a United States commercial business trying to get in touch with the commercial team and repeatedly being blown off. Then they ended up having their pre-order forcefully canceled and refunded. Even though they did not wish to cancel their order and they had been waiting forever too.
  • hmm, did you state you were a business when you ordered the two-Omni package? As far as I'm aware, there hasn't been a single preorder unit made yet ..only kickstarters and china cutting in line.
  • sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,040
    Hi @Obs545, our apologies for mistakenly assuming that your Omnis were for commercial use. Rest assured your order will be fulfilled and we’ll contact you when they're ready to ship. We’re still fulfilling Kickstarter orders, so it may be some time yet - thank you for your continued patience.
    Community Manager at Virtuix
  • Obs545Obs545 Posts: 13
    Alright thank you so much, just got worried after waiting so long. As I said, I still would greatly desire any and all information I can get for the commercial program so I can implement the information into future plans. So hopefully I hear from the commercial department soon though.

Thank you for clearing stuff up.