Shoe sizes

Fan47Fan47 Posts: 23
Posting this here as this is a busier forum... anyone know if the shoe sizes still range across a few sizes (like 11-13 for a size 12) as discussed here http://forum.virtuix.com/discussion/comment/8953/#Comment_8953 ? I wear 11.5 wide so ordered 12... also want to support others shoe sizes, so thinking 8, 10, 12 will get me ~7 to ~13. Is that info in that thread still up to date?

Comments

• sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,040
    Hi @Fan47, the shoes are quite flexible, and I've used sizes 9 - 11, where I would be normally be a 10 1/2. There are no half sizes and the shoes do run a little large, so the best shoe for me is a size 10. You can always order more shoes on the website.
    Community Manager at Virtuix
  • Fan47Fan47 Posts: 23
    edited April 19
    Thanks - with the recent price increase I'd like to avoid ordering more than I need. So you have used an 11 where you are normally 10.5 and that was not an issue? How are wide feet accommodated (I remember this came up during the kickstarter)? Is the flexibility such that an 11 would be better for an 11.5 wide or a 12?

I would also be curious others' shoe sizes and what corresponding Omni shoe sizes worked for you, if anyone else cares to chime in.
  • sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,040
    @Fan47 That's correct, the 11s grip my feet really well even though they're a size larger. I'm afraid I can't comment on the fit for wider feet, since I haven't seen any feedback on that yet.
    Community Manager at Virtuix
  • Fan47Fan47 Posts: 23
    edited April 19
    The Kickstarter FAQ on special shoe needs said to reach out and we will be set up appropriately. I emailed this question (along with others) with my shipping payment (yay!) Monday and did not get a reply back yet. I don't have too many hundreds of dollars to burn on shoes trying to find the right size, so I hope there is some guidance/feedback available...
  • travis1409travis1409 Posts: 111
    Hey, @sutekiB and @admin on the issue of shoes. My friends are going to want to try the omni but I am small with only size 8 feet while at least one of them is rather tall with size 12 feet. An extra pair of shoes costs 100$ and I was wondering how long it might take to even reach me. If my buddy wants to play on the omni is he going to have to wait months and months for a pair of shoes to arrive or is there some way to play on the omni with regular shoes? I'm sure that method would not be favorable but there has to be a way that my friend can also play on it despite the fact that he's tall and I'm short.
  • adminadmin Posts: 163
    Hi @travis1409 , just email us at info@virtuix.com. We can send you a new pair of shoes quickly as soon as ordered.