Glove that lets you touch VR.

We've seen them before but these look like an Ironman glove. They're the sleekest looking solution out there in my opinion and they already surpassed their kickstarter goal. I really wantto gert my hands on them and play a dungeon crawler or something. They'd even make those office simulators more fun. What do you guys think?

http://www.roadtovr.com/vrgluv-force-feedback-glove-blasts-past-50-kickstarter-goal-first-24-hours/

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vrgluv/vrgluv-touch-hold-and-interact-in-the-virtual-worl

Comments

• I'm a backer but I'm thinking of pulling out. It's a big red flag when they schedule public demos after the kickstarter is over. aka Money grab
  • DanteMDanteM Posts: 212
    Cool concept but no developers will develope for this in their games... as someone pointed out the games would have to be developed and built with material behavior, realistic physics simulation, deformation of objects, more than one way to grab objects etc just for this to even work with the game properly so no rational developer will make a game that works with this especially with such a small profit margin sadly.
  • pittsburghjoepittsburghjoe Posts: 58
    edited May 1
    If they are real vr gloves then devs would be compelled to utilize them. You're a bit dumb if you don't think there is value to having force feedback in vr. That's like going from an old school b&w tv to an 8k. Everyone jumped on Touch controllers after they came out a year from the hmd. That said, I am very skeptical of these glove.
  • travis1409travis1409 Posts: 130
    According to their website, very basic dimension feedback is easy for any game dev to add in because they already have a 3-D modelling of every in game item you can interact with. I imagine that these would be like the omni when it comes to games, have a select few native games with many more that can be tweaked slightly to work with the gloves. A healthy amount of skepticism should be employed but I think it's naive to outright dismiss any invention outright. That being said, the gaming market is a cruel and unforgiving place that makes thing irrelivant within a matter of years for the best of products so these might not make it anywhere. I think the fact they they met their kickstarter goal literally within a day shows a promising demand that game devs and investors alike are sure to take notice of.