GROUPAL LAWSUIT?????????????????

edited May 4 in Announcements
To every international backer or pre-order:
Let's get together somehow and contact an USA lawyer to handle this problem ... I'm sure that there'll be more than one lawyer eager to get his hands on Virtuix Team!

Comments

• pittsburghjoepittsburghjoe Posts: 58
    I don't think you can sue someone that is offering refunds plus interest
  • gleamingsandsgleamingsands Posts: 280
    I think that it's in bad taste to attempt to organize that here, openly. You've had your refund and interest approximating the value of your investment. I'd consider checking your motivations more thoroughly and stopping to consider your own ill-advised attempt at a class action lawsuit. It makes no sense and would only serve to harm Virtuix. I hope you one day get your Omni, either through secondary sale or direct if they ever become available, but I don't believe sowing ill will towards this project at this point is going to help anybody, least of all yourself.
  • DanteMDanteM Posts: 205

It makes no sense and would only serve to harm Virtuix.

I mean I think that IS the objective... International backers got bent over and royally F***ed in the butty and many want to do the same to Virtuix. I have encounted a TON of hostility towards my Decoupled modding project on Skyrim and ARK due to many of the better modders were international backers that got screwed. They aren't exactly fans of Virtuix in the least nor do many of them care if the project is a success or not at this point due to that. . . That being said, are you serious >.> you are going to try to organize something like this on Virtuix's forums? That's just rude and in bad taste lol. Legally speaking they are fully in the clear by the way. They canceled your orders as backers and offered full refunds WITH bonus money which puts them in the clear. You need to read the ToS for Kickstarter before spouting off and making a fool of yourself mate.
  • XainXain Posts: 122
    There is nothing I hate more than when someone puts **** a million question marks after a question, not to mention the caps lock. You are late to this party.
  • RABIDRABID Posts: 147
    DanteM said:

Decoupled modding project on Skyrim .

Decoupled modding project on Skyrim??

RABID said:

DanteM said:

Decoupled modding project on Skyrim .

Decoupled modding project on Skyrim??

Decoupled modding project on Skyrim????????

@Xain lol
  • WombatcaveWombatcave Posts: 40
    Ya I am far more interested in the decoupled Skyrim mod, I would play the crap outa that. Is there a link to the project?
    Virtuix Omni - Mar.11 | HTC Vive | Oculus Rift | Logitech G25 | Saitek X52 PRO |
    I7 3820 16 gig RAM GTX 970 250gb SSD
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/thewombatcave
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vrcave/
    edited May 8
    I can't post until my comment is approved? that's new, well you might see some duplicates pop up haha. Never seen that message before.

--edit finally let me add the rest:--

I'm so confused by this quote train here haha... I think when you quoted me you forgot to remove the part of me quoting something different from Gleamingsands so now It says Gleamingsands said "Decoupled modding project on Skyrim" and that I said it with 2 ?? and then that Rabid said it with a ton of them... I feel this somehow got jumbled up lol.

Currently we(me and some modders) are working on a mod for Skyrim that basically mimics the Omni SDK function to allow the user to walk one way while looking another. It SEMI works so far but the problem is that it glitches and goes crazy every now and then which we are currently trying to fix. If we were able to recruit some of the mods we know from Europe this would of been done months ago. If/when we get it working you'll see it in that workshop mod list and posted here for sure haha.

I don't understand why Viturix hasn't just included a "legacy emulator" in the omni emulation software yet (or joystick emulator along side the keyboard emulator). If there was it would be solve the issue and remove the need to mod games entirely. The "legacy emulator" would basically just alter what direction walking forward does based on the direction you are looking. Think of how you currently walk forward in games like skyrim with a controller and turn to look around, you use one joystick to turn to look around (function controlled by the headset) while the other joystick is also turning (function controlled by the omni) to compensate for this to keep you moving the desired direction. The SDK has almost everything you need to make the decoupled functionality work right it's just a matter of making it work in a mod since we can't make the "legacy emulator" ourselves otherwise we probably would haha.
  • JohnMarkusJohnMarkus Posts: 20

You've had your refund and interest approximating the value of your investment.

For a project that is selling our $400 invested unit at $6800 to others, 3% seems to be a tad low.
  • samisami Posts: 61

You've had your refund and interest approximating the value of your investment.

For a project that is selling our $400 invested unit at $6800 to others, 3% seems to be a tad low.
    where did you see 6800$ ? ill sell mine for less than that in a heartbeat.
    Intel 6950X @ 4.4Ghz
    64GB DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
    2xTitan X Pascals @ 2025Mhz
    Custom open loop EK watercooling.
    Samsung M.2 960 PRO 1TB
    acer 34" 2560x1080 monitor @ 200hz Referesh Rate.
    HD800 Headset with HDVD800 AMP.
    sami said:

where did you see 6800$ ? ill sell mine for less than that in a heartbeat.

Sorry, I got mixed up with the pricing. The latest (March 3) from Hero Sports says $6399 (was previously $5800)
    Hero says:

We are the exclusive manufacturer of Omni in the world and the exclusive distributor in the Asia and middle east.
    We offer the same EXW price to distributors in different countries. And we are sure it is the lowest price.
    so, I suppose they are priced similar in rest of the world.

BTW, Hero has some nice non-game related usage example videos here:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCls4dsvTSdOhkJyogl09H2g

@JohnMarkus Have you checked on that to make sure it isn't a package deal, including the VR headset itself, the computers necessary to run it, accessories including the full assortment of waist sizes and shoes, and proper technical support? Because that's what that is almost assuredly.
    edited May 10

@JohnMarkus Have you checked on that to make sure it isn't a package deal, including the VR headset itself, the computers necessary to run it, accessories including the full assortment of waist sizes and shoes, and proper technical support? Because that's what that is almost assuredly.

The brochure is vague (I did not ask for full e-Sports package) about what is included in the package, however the Computer, HTC Vive, Big Screen Monitor, Headphones, and Speakers are listed in "Required products not for sale by Virtuix" category.
    It says:
    • Includes three Virtuix created games
    • Additional games from top VR developers at extra cost
    • 6-month warranty for manufacturing defects
    Here are the brochures provided by Hero (withholding one document marked "Strictly Confidential" with their e-Sports business model)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jtuldg74agce5es/1.Virtuix Omni - Brochure.pdf?dl=0
    Link removed, contained unconfirmed product details that are subject to change - Admin
    @JohnMarkus can you send it to me in a private message ? they removed your link.
    Intel 6950X @ 4.4Ghz
    64GB DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
    Samsung M.2 960 PRO 1TB
    edited May 10

Includes three Virtuix created games

When did Virtuix get another game? I know of TRAVR and Omni Arena, but SURELY they aren't counting that joke of a tech demo (shadow ops) as a game are they... lol it's all of 5 minutes long.
    Co-worker says "I've had farts that lasted longer than that game haha"

yo John can I get a PM of that link? Admin censored it.. aren't ALL product details subject to change at any and all times. That is kind of what business and the economy are all about lol. in 2 or 3 years none of these prices will matter as a better product will be out that will put the Omni v1 on it's knees unless the price drops or it improves massively.
    edited May 10
    So you'd have to drop 15k just to have two of these in one arcade assuming you want all the relevant tech? We're lucky to have ours for what we paid then, but I have to wonder if there is any way on earth that there would be much investor enthusiasm for an item in a place like China where the average annual salary for private sector workers is about 4,800 USD. I'm really still in doubt about that over here, there doesn't seem to be any opportunity for profit margins at those rates.
    I kind of feel bad that we hijacked @Guillermo Chiapero's thread but it's also slightly funny.. just pointing that out.
    edited May 10
    DanteM said:

When did Virtuix get another game? I know of TRAVR and Omni Arena, but SURELY they aren't counting that joke of a tech demo (shadow ops) as a game are they... lol it's all of 5 minutes long.

Yes, those three (incl. Shadow Ops)
    edited May 10
    WOAH!!! some of the things that Hero says makes me SUPER worried about the feature of the Omni...

What they say about the price difference from the backers to the current price makes sense but WOW the rest of it is scary. I find it disturbing at least.

EDIT: actually I see that making Virtuix uncomfortably on their forums and getting censored so I'll remove that question haha.
  • jgwinnerjgwinner Posts: 38
    Oh good grief. Suing someone because they didn't sell you a product that they determined they can't support, AND after they gave you a very reasonable refund, is ridiculous.

I understand you're all pissed off you didn't get one, but frankly, it's cool but it's not THAT great. Just buy a 3D Rudder and you'll be fine :smile:

Really ... this entitlement attitude bothers me.

If you're so mad that you'll get lawyers involved, get some engineers involved and build a better one! (if you can, mwhahahahaha)

== John ==

@jgwinner , its rubish what you are saying bro , if you really used the omni you would know that there is simply one PCB size of my palm that can be replaced , and am pretty sure any other thing can be replaced too , just like the pcb , probably the only spare parts would be the PCB , the ring , the pods ... and they are already selling the pods as spare parts. they can do the same with pcb and ring.

the reason that they stopped international shipments is mainly because their production was very slow and they had a huge queue of orders to fulfil , and those orders had the omni priced at a minimum 1000 USD to a rumoured 6800 USD.

so isnt it better to sell omnis for atleast 1000 USD ? and just refund those whiners ? ofcourse it is ! they tried very hard to cancel any kickstarter omni they could , to an extend they refused to ship it to a shipping forwarder company within the USA ! luckily for me , I have a home in USA and keys with neighbours , I shipped it to my address and reshipped it to myself in europe ! wither they like it or not , its mine and I will use it where evere I wish.

The omni started as a project out of passion , but everything changed when oculus was bought for 2 Billion USD by facebook , am pretty sure ceo of virtuix thought holly balls , we could be next on facebook list ! buckle up boys ! we gonna be billionares ! and then palmer lucky screwed things up for everyone ! voting for trump , lawsuits up to 500 Million USD ! VR has been nothing but a headache for facebook , to an extend that they wont be participating in E3 this year , they might just give up on it. this means other billion dollers tech companies will simply learn from facebook mistakes and not follow the path. am pretty sure virtuix never received an offer after all that happened.

and as you said , its cool but its not THAT great , your right , omni might be a great hardware , but with no software , and without software its useless ...since 2013 in the making , we get 3 tier 2 low budget games that work on 1 VR headset. and 2 other indie games that took a year to support.
    Intel 6950X @ 4.4Ghz
    64GB DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
    Samsung M.2 960 PRO 1TB
  • jgwinnerjgwinner Posts: 38
    Business can decide to do whatever they want. You can't sue them if they make a different business decision. That's where the phrase "it's just business" comes from. You're putting WAY too much thought into this. I doubt there was that much malfeasance, and even if their was, I doubt it would be actionable. IANAL however. You got a refund AND interest? That's great.

But wait ... there's more. You GOT your product. So what's the problem? What would you sue over? Because you dislike someone's motives? Welcome to capitalism. If you don't like what they do, YOU GO DO IT DIFFERENTLY.

Have you ever worked on the financial and customs end, as a manufacturer, of shipping international? It's a WHOLE different thing than you shipping something to yourself. There's a lot of paperwork. I can understand them not being able to deal with it, especially with hardware.

Look, I bought it, they got it to me (at a fantastic price) and it's clear from looking at it that they had SIGNIFICANT increases in manufacturing costs. This thing is built like a tank. It doesn't surprise me the prices went up, but the honored their Kickstarter commitments they could, and two feet from me is the proof.

I think they did well. What basis would a lawsuit be on?

Welcome to the real world :smile: it's just business.

== John ==
    @jgwinner , your cute buddy , you talk like you are the founder of wikipedia .. or like Virtuix omni is the only project on kickstarter. or as virtuix lawyer ? I dont know where you are from , but am guessing USA where business owners practice business as they like. Not in europe buddy , you do something this dodgy , the EU would start an investigation on you. the EU can even ban virtuix from selling in the EU for dodgy activities outside the region in the past.

Would I go and do all that to damage Virtuix ? yes I Would !
    Do I have time to do that ? no I dont.

but wither you like it or not , or wither virtuix likes it or not .. I got my omni and it is in europe with me. They tried so hard to cancel my order by any means and refund me the money.. Afterall , it was all a hype train , If I knew software side would be this bad , lack of games support , I would not have backed this project in the first place.

Welcome to the real world of europe , you do dodgy stuff , you get banned , or you even go to prison.

==Sami==
    ps: ceo of virtuix is from europe.
    Intel 6950X @ 4.4Ghz
    64GB DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
    Samsung M.2 960 PRO 1TB