When can a NonBacker Expect to Be Able to Buy?

I am an overweight gamer and game collector who loves open world sandbox games and shooters and I see the Omni as a great opportunity to combine fitness and fun.

I've been following VR trends for years now and am saddened to find I still can't get my hands on an Omni. Do they lack the means to build them fast enough to meet demand?

Is there a speculative time when consumers can freely purchase it? It's this kind of stuff that will drive consumers to go to alternative companies like the Cyberith Virtualizer though as far as I know you can't purchase that either.

I understand it's a niche but there shouldn't be so many hurdles preventing me from giving a company money.

If you can't buy the product I don't think you should advertise it. All those videos trying to show it's viability with consumer gaming and yet you can't buy it? Kind of a tease.

I fear that by the time a consumer version is available there will be a new model. So I guess I will just wait another 3-5 years until something is on the market.

I really wanted to jump head first into VR but wanted to get something for motion before I got an Oculus Rift because I feel like the oculus might come out with something better before motion controls do.

Sorry if it seems like I'm angry at the company. I just don't know what's going on. If I were them I'd sign a deal with another company so I can manufacture faster and meet demand. But hell I don't know business.

Answers

• DanteMDanteM Posts: 209
    edited May 19
    Probably never. They aren't selling to consumers anymore only commercial so unless you are a backer or pre-order you might never get one. They have said they MAY reopen sells once all the pre-orders have been fulfilled.

Sorry if it seems like I'm angry at the company. I just don't know what's going on. If I were them I'd sign a deal with another company so I can manufacture faster and meet demand. But hell I don't know business.

Maybe you should read the forums and such then.. cause it's plastered everywhere and easy to find. They DO have a deal with another company.. you can buy it from Hero Entertainment for quite a large sum of money... that's the only consumer seller for the Omni currently.
  • MarkVMarkV Posts: 30
    If you're in the States, I suspect if you look for a few weeks, you will find one on Craigslist or Ebay.
  • JoeJoe Posts: 110
    Reddit gets ones listed here and there. I believe the last one went for 1200 dollars. I honestly expect them to go to 3 grand eventually. The Chinese sellers Im in contact with all offer them at about six grand shipped currently
  • DanteMDanteM Posts: 209
    There 2 Omni's for sell in my area (arizona) but both are up for around $5,000 LOL I thought about buying one so I'd have two but thats out of my price range.
  • PREMO21PREMO21 Posts: 2
    I have a brand new OMNI with VR rack, 2 pairs of shoes (Size 11 & 13) with all accessories including a Large size harness...but I simply do not have room for it. I am looking to sell this immediately. Any suggestions on how I can do this quickly? Its taking up some room in my house so I want to move it out soon. I am not looking to make thousands of dollars on this....just sell it to someone that might really enjoy it that can either come pick it up or pay for shipping. If anyone has any suggestions on where to post it for sale (I prefer not to do Ebay if I can avoid it), please let me know. Thank you!
    reddit/r/virtuix, or create a new post on here in the lounge. You can ask for offers or just set a price. Also you may want to list what state you're in so people can estimate shipping, though I'd say its probably going to be about 200. If it's still in a crate I'd consider buying it for 900 shipped (500 for Omni, 200 shipping, 200 for rest of it), so I'd start about there for pricing. I'd have paid more if I didn't think Virtuix was going to crater going commercial only
  • PREMO21PREMO21 Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info. I prefer to find someone that will come pick this up so I don't have to worry about shipping. I am located in South Florida. Thanks also for the offer but I think I will see if I can get a little more than that. I have about $800 into it already including shipping and extras so an extra $100 isn't really worth it. I will see what I can do about selling it over the next few weeks. If I don't sell it, I will let you know and see if you are still interested.
    Sounds good. There are two potential markets...if you can find a commercial buyer it should be worth several thousand to them...if you can't and have to find a consumer it is, I imagine, going to go for much lower. I'd ship it around any VR arcades in your area