When can a NonBacker Expect to Be Able to Buy?

I am an overweight gamer and game collector who loves open world sandbox games and shooters and I see the Omni as a great opportunity to combine fitness and fun.

I've been following VR trends for years now and am saddened to find I still can't get my hands on an Omni. Do they lack the means to build them fast enough to meet demand?

Is there a speculative time when consumers can freely purchase it? It's this kind of stuff that will drive consumers to go to alternative companies like the Cyberith Virtualizer though as far as I know you can't purchase that either.

I understand it's a niche but there shouldn't be so many hurdles preventing me from giving a company money.

If you can't buy the product I don't think you should advertise it. All those videos trying to show it's viability with consumer gaming and yet you can't buy it? Kind of a tease.

I fear that by the time a consumer version is available there will be a new model. So I guess I will just wait another 3-5 years until something is on the market.

I really wanted to jump head first into VR but wanted to get something for motion before I got an Oculus Rift because I feel like the oculus might come out with something better before motion controls do.

Sorry if it seems like I'm angry at the company. I just don't know what's going on. If I were them I'd sign a deal with another company so I can manufacture faster and meet demand. But hell I don't know business.

Answers

• DanteMDanteM Posts: 203
    edited May 19
    Probably never. They aren't selling to consumers anymore only commercial so unless you are a backer or pre-order you might never get one. They have said they MAY reopen sells once all the pre-orders have been fulfilled.

Sorry if it seems like I'm angry at the company. I just don't know what's going on. If I were them I'd sign a deal with another company so I can manufacture faster and meet demand. But hell I don't know business.

Maybe you should read the forums and such then.. cause it's plastered everywhere and easy to find. They DO have a deal with another company.. you can buy it from Hero Entertainment for quite a large sum of money... that's the only consumer seller for the Omni currently.
  • MarkVMarkV Posts: 26
    If you're in the States, I suspect if you look for a few weeks, you will find one on Craigslist or Ebay.
  • JoeJoe Posts: 68
    Reddit gets ones listed here and there. I believe the last one went for 1200 dollars. I honestly expect them to go to 3 grand eventually. The Chinese sellers Im in contact with all offer them at about six grand shipped currently
  • DanteMDanteM Posts: 203
    There 2 Omni's for sell in my area (arizona) but both are up for around $5,000 LOL I thought about buying one so I'd have two but thats out of my price range.