Virtuix, please create a cloud library for gamepad settings, like VorpX does.

The Omni Gamepad mode is apparently better than keyboard mode. Unfortunately, the Omni can't emulate gamepad settings if it's for an XBOX controller. To do so you need to remap the gamepad settings using software like X360CE, which is not an easy application to figure out. What I ask is for Virtuix to create a cloud library for Omni users to share their gamepad profiles for specific games. VorpX has this feature and it's fantastic. What do you say, Virtuix? Can you do it?

Comments

• Fan47Fan47 Posts: 25
    I agree - also, I'm confused by gamepad mode in general. Do games natively support this mode? What do I need to look for to know if a game with "controller" support natively supports Omni in this mode as a controller? Or is something like X360CE always required?
  • lipploglipplog Posts: 73
    Fan47 said:

I agree - also, I'm confused by gamepad mode in general. Do games natively support this mode? What do I need to look for to know if a game with "controller" support natively supports Omni in this mode as a controller? Or is something like X360CE always required?

Good question. From what I understand, games that support any other gamepad aside from Xbox will automatically work with the Omni in gamepad mode. I tried it with GTASan Andreas and it worked great. But for Xbox supported games, you need to use X360CE or Xpadder to remap the controls. This is where I get stuck, as figuring out how to use these apps is not easy. When I try remapping my wireless Xbox 360 controller for PC with X360CE, the app doesn't even recognize my controller inputs. I got a little farther with Xpadder, thanks the Virtuix's download kits for GTA V and Skyrim, but had no idea how to implement the settings once it was done. That's why I requested a cloud system like VorpX. Otherwise, it's too confusing and inefficient.
  • Fan47Fan47 Posts: 25
    +1 this, or something similar. Maybe a wiki with games and their compatibility / settings needed to be changed?