the power of VR in fitness and health

As an avid gamer I would like to start off by saying that the Omni struck me as the next best thing in gaming the moment I learned of its existence a couple of years ago. I immediately knew that i was definitely going to be getting one, once it hit the shelves. I believe that this thing will not only revolutionize the way we play games, but also be a contributor to the solution of something that is becoming a global pandemic: obesity. Being a gamer often results in maintaining a sedentary lifestyle and, as a consequence of this, regrettably also often results in people getting overweight and obese. Please don’t get me wrong, I’m not generalizing gamers here, obesity is a problem in all kinds of people.

I firmly believe in the potential of virtual gaming to address this growing problem. I have a master’s degree in physical education, specialized in fitness and health, and I believe the Omni provides endless possibilities in the field of fitness and even rehabilitation programs.

So my question is: are there any plans within the Virtuix team to ever expand to this market with the Omni? If so, I would very much like to be part of it. I live in Belgium and I know the creator of the Omni, Jan Goetgeluk, has Belgian roots, too, so I’m hopeful that he’ll someday return to those roots and start projects with the Omni here. :) I currently work as team leader in a gym and have been working there for 5 years, but the carreer options are slim and the chance of me ever getting higher up are practically non-existent. I want to work in an environment where I can put the things that I learned in university to good use instead of selling gym subscriptions.

So yeah, basically this is me applying for a job :) I don’t have any background in engineering or game development, but I know how to get people fit again and am very enthusiastic about accomplishing this through VR gaming.

Comments

• narlinknarlink Posts: 1
    You should apply to MODO VR!

Its a fitness center that combines VR and fitness. We also plan to work with school and municipalities to show consumers the benefits of VR in a fitness setting rather than a video game setting.

Ultimately it would be physical arcade but we sell it as a gym to familiarize customers.

You should contact us

my email: Cfonte@umass.edu

Also:
    adam@suzorit.com
    help@suzorit.com

Email us with a resume and/or more about yourself