Is anybody else's feet sore?

I normally wear arch supports, but for some reason, when I stick them in the Omni shoes, the arches are too far up and hit my feet in the wrong spot. Without them is better, but then my feet get sore from no support. I've tried 3 different size shoes with no luck. Anyone have any tips?

Comments

• sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,059
    Hi @lipplog, are you removing the included insoles before putting your own in?
    Community Manager at Virtuix
  • lipploglipplog Posts: 80
    edited May 30
    sutekiB said:

Hi @lipplog, are you removing the included insoles before putting your own in?

Yes, I removed the original insoles before adding my arch supports. I've also tried both hard and soft arch supports, but all seem to be too wide for the Omni shoes. I've also tried Omni size 8, 9, and 10 shoes. But the problem with going larger is that my heel loses contact with the back of the Omni shoe, giving me the flip flop effect.
    Yes, I saw those. While a more comfortable shoe would be a fantastic solution, I'm worried about losing accuracy, not to mention this mod might be be beyond my skil level.
  • pittsburghjoepittsburghjoe Posts: 58
    Accuracy? lol, they just a single imu that detects rotation.

Accuracy? lol, they just a single imu that detects rotation.

I'm referring to @travis1409's comment that "It does not work as well as the original shoes." I just assumed he meant accuracy.
  • travis1409travis1409 Posts: 130
    @lipplog We think part of the problem was the placement of the pads on the shoes. My friend said he could feel his shoes touching the Omni a few times where the pads didn't cover so if you experiment with some of the pads yourself and come up with a set up with even less friction then I'm sure it would end up working much better.

@lipplog We think part of the problem was the placement of the pads on the shoes. My friend said he could feel his shoes touching the Omni a few times where the pads didn't cover so if you experiment with some of the pads yourself and come up with a set up with even less friction then I'm sure it would end up working much better.

I hope you guys can figure this out. I'd definitely pay for custom shoes.
    We aren't planning on selling anything. I'm suggesting that you find a pair of the most comfortable shoes you can with a flat sole and buy some of these sticky pads and do some experimenting for yourself. It's literally just some furniture pads with backs that stick to the shoes.

We aren't planning on selling anything. I'm suggesting that you find a pair of the most comfortable shoes you can with a flat sole and buy some of these sticky pads and do some experimenting for yourself. It's literally just some furniture pads with backs that stick to the shoes.

Cool! Have you guys figured out the correct pad placement? Do you think it's possible to get the same response quality as the Omni shoes?
    I think it's possible but this was the first and only time I have tried it so far and I am not certain that my set up will work universally. The package of pads was only 4$ so experimenting with a few different set ups isn't goi to cost you much
    Thanks! I'll give t a shot.
  • XainXain Posts: 122
    I would suggest going a step further and sanding down the tread on whatever shoe you are converting.
    We were thinking about buying a cheap, comfortable, pair of shoes and doing some experimenting. Including Sanding them down if need be.