Initial Impressions (Backer #2435)

SHIPPING: I was surprised by the size of the box. It literally was delivered on a wooden pallet in my driveway. The box was pretty beat up and I was afraid it was going to be broken. I was lucky enough to arrive home just before it rained to pull it into my garage for de-boxing.
I remembered thinking to myself -- how the hell am I going to get this thing down into my basement? I thought it was going to take 3-4 of my friends to actually move it.
But after opening the box, I was able to transport the Omni from my garage into my house part by part. Everything was packaged very well so the Omni was in pristine condition!

ASSEMBLY:
Initial impression was the Omni was built incredibly well and it was very easy to assemble. From a box on a pallet to a working Omni, it took less than an hour to assemble with no prior experience or any special tools. (Tip: Charge the Omni pods before you do anything else because they will take awhile to charge up initially.)

GAMING:
My computer is so outdated that I didn't even want to attempt playing a VR game before I upgrade my processor, video card, RAM, etc. However, I was able to enable bluetooth with OMNI CONNECT to play VR games on my Samsung s6 phone with gearVR. I found it easy to get in/out of the Omni and got a hang of walking/running on the OMNI very fast. I found the demo videos on Virtuix website to be very helpful and I'm glad I watched them before just jumping into the Omni.

I found the OMNI to work well with Dreadhalls, Disc League, and just for walking around and exploring things in AltspaceVR. Even with bluetooth connection, I didn't feel like there was much lag time andI haven't experienced any motion sickness or anything like others have reported -- but my longest session has only been around 30 mintues.

I look forward to finding more content / games and eventually upgrading to a new PC with HTC VIVE , etc. But still lots you can explore with just the gearVR

Comments

• JoeJoe Posts: 169
    Thankyou, this is a good writeup! Hoping you get your pc going soon. Sounds like vorpx plus an omni can be a killer experience. The tip about charging the pods is a good one...surprised they don't come charged