Skyrim, DOOM, Fallout VR

Lets face it, these are some of if not the biggest AAA style games we will see in VR for awhile. I sure hope the Omni will be supported. @admin is there anything in the works with Bethesda and you guys to assist the community in getting the Omni support in these most amazing of titles?

Comments

• rex3125rex3125 Posts: 1
    If its not supported im gonna be so disappointed, playing games like this is the whole reason i ordered an omni >.<
  • DanteMDanteM Posts: 212
    rex3125 said:

If its not supported im gonna be so disappointed, playing games like this is the whole reason i ordered an omni >.<

Sounds like doom and fallout4 both will not be supported :/ very upset with this information ... correct me if I'm wrong as this is the info I was just given. @sutekiB @admin @Jan

• JoeJoe Posts: 135
    From the latest update..I suspect that they're no longer looking at consumer at all...it's all about the Omniverse experience, and quick, short games that would work well in arcade settings. Consumer focus, from what I'm seeing...is done. They're not even trying to make omniverse something that the consumers that bought Omni's can use.
  • sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,057
    Omniverse is not just about short experiences. It features a save game function for returning customers, allowing them to complete longer titles, of which there are a few on the platform, for instance Quell 4D, Primoridan, and Karnage Chronicles. Of course I would also love to see those Bethesda games have Omni support, but I have nothing to report on that at this time.
    Community Manager at Virtuix
  • EVOLEVOL Posts: 37
    I have spoken to almost all the developers for the games listed on the Omniverse and I keep hearing the same thing.. The latest SDK only works in the Omniverse... This is a huge disappointment and is the problem I see with a separate commercial application. I hope us consumers get updates quicker in the future or at all.
  • MarkVMarkV Posts: 35
    If that's true EVOL, it will limit development of applications to commercial (sorry to state the obvious). That's a quick death to the Omni consumer.
  • DanteMDanteM Posts: 212
    edited September 30
    I’m super pissed that Karnage Chronicles and MANY others ONLY work on the firmware that supports omniverse. I can also confirm the devs have stated this and I’m starting to get worried that we will have to update and use omniverse to even play these titles. Which would then TOTALLY RUIN the Omni entirely as one of the biggest features is legacy game support and as stated the omniverse firmware prevents function with steam and legacy support games... @sutekiB @admin @Jan Please correct if wrong on that...are we as consumers getting screwed over now? Will Virtuix give us special access to unlimited credits on omniverse if this is the case? What’s the full story on how this effects us as consumer owners?
    We should get an update in October, I guess we will always be secondary to Omniverse but atleast we will get support.
    admin said:

Hi Joe, we will continue to maintain and publish a non-Omniverse SDK.

admin said:

No problem! We plan to publicly release the latest firmware and non-Omniverse SDK in October.

• MAYAmanMAYAman Posts: 55
    sutekiB said:

Omniverse is not just about short experiences. It features a save game function for returning customers, allowing them to complete longer titles, of which there are a few on the platform, for instance Quell 4D, Primoridan, and Karnage Chronicles. Of course I would also love to see those Bethesda games have Omni support, but I have nothing to report on that at this time.

So then why did Virtuix trick people by constantly posting videos of Virtuix employees playing Battlefield, Skyrim, Fallout, etc? I mean, this is really really really shady. People were so psyched and you literally pulled the rug out from everybody. Nobody, and I mean nobody cares about arcades, maybe in Korea or China, but that is because they can't afford home based entertainment. The majority of your funding came from the community in Europe and the USA I'm guessing and you guys have completely and utterly abandoned them. Not even a good faith gesture by leaving the door open so those game might work. Nobody cares about those other experiences, NOBODY. We want to traverse worlds and kill dragons, and walk around just looking at stuff in GTA, Skyrim, Fallout, etc.

In my opinion Virtuix has done wrong by the dreamers who basically made it possible for you to be a company, its as simple as that. Without all the suckers who though they'd be walking around in GTA you would have NOTHING!
    You can play those games you listed with 3rd party tools. However setting them all up and getting them to run acceptably is quite a challenge.
  • MAYAmanMAYAman Posts: 55
    EVOL said:

You can play those games you listed with 3rd party tools. However setting them all up and getting them to run acceptably is quite a challenge.

Dude, are you serious? That's my point entirely. You shouldn't have to jump through flaming hoops to have a crap experience and one that takes a degree in game modding to have it work.
    lol