First experience with Omniverse

JoeJoe Posts: 160
You guys have some work ahead of you...

I got to try omniverse at DMG in Federal way,WA. The staff was great, and I signed up for a ten minute session of Primordial to give it a shot and understand the arcade point of view.

I lost one to two minutes of my session getting into the Omni...I noticed that the timer was already going when the headset was being applied. I liked the game selection screen, but didn’t like that I was getting charged for this browsing time to find the game I wanted.

Two minutes left to play...a dialog popped up asking if I wanted to extend. I couldn’t dismiss it or control it...it blocked most of my view but I could see that primordial was getting the inputs. So I lost almost 40% of my experience, felt helpless as I flailed to try to dismiss the dialog, and felt overall disappointed. I was just figuring out the game.

Speaking of...the game had zero tutorial info...I had switched weapons by mistake and ran out of ammo. So I spent a grip of time running from monsters vs actually fighting. I found the weapon switch button (side of the Vive controller) by taking the headset off to try to figure out what else I could hit. I wasn’t sure how to get ammo.

Overall not a great experience.

Comments

• sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,059
    Hi @Joe, thank you so much for taking the time to try the Omni out at an arcade, and sharing your experience. I'm sorry there were a few things that could have been better. This is excellent feedback however, and I'll be sure to relay this to the team. I do have a couple of follow-up questions for you, which I'll send over in a PM.
    Community Manager at Virtuix
  • MAYAmanMAYAman Posts: 56
    Have to make sure people get their money's worth. sutekiB is there anywhere in the NY/CT area where there is an arcade that has the Omni? I'd like to try it in a optimal environment.
  • sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,059
    Hi @MAYAman, I'm afraid I don't have a list of venues that have the Omni, but that would be useful. Coming soon I hope. In the meantime, I'd keep an eye on our social media as we often share events, through Twitter especially.
    Community Manager at Virtuix