Calibration Tool Available for Purchase?

EVOLEVOL Posts: 123

Comments

• MarkVMarkV Posts: 46
    What the heck is that? What's the scale on it ?
  • EVOLEVOL Posts: 123
    edited October 25
    I have no idea. When calibrating with the new calibration software this question is asked.
  • Stuff like this worries me. I'm still months away from receiving my order, and I constantly consider cancelling but oh how I want one.
    EVOL, does life change significantly with the new firmware?
    edited October 26
    The range of speed is vastly improved. I think the calibration software makes an improvement to decoupled turning also.
  • RABIDRABID Posts: 171
    EVOL said:

I have no idea. When calibrating with the new calibration software this question is asked.

i figured it out.it wants you to place the vive wand in a holder facing forward on the harness. i happened to have one of these
    https://www.protubevr.com/product-page/protubevr-spear-cups-and-bracket-for-htc-vive-and-oculus-rift
    and i mounted it on left side with left touch controller in it (you can make something similar from a paper towel tube) then i clicked on joystick button and completed setup. tested it with Doom 3 VR mod and it was awesome. no issues
    Nice find. I didn't even try clicking yes. I can see now how the controller goes on the calibration tool but where it is suppose to go on the OMNI isn't clear.
    Never mind I clicked yes, I see where it goes now... lol

I just held mine in the approximate position.
    I wonder if Virtuix will release a CAD file so we can go have this made or if they're going to sell it. Probably not hard to reverse engineer... Any idea why there is a warning sign on the right picture on the calibration pad vs the Checkbox on the left side?