Skyrim, DOOM, Fallout VR

2»

Comments

• Yeah, that's what I learned to do; EVOL pointed that out to me. Amazing work! It does feel natural after awhile, Mark.

@nanonames How are you launching Fallout? Through Steam while wearing your headset or via shortcut on desktop? I've launched it through Steam in HMD dozens of times with no problem. Are you getting any error messages? Have you allowed your firewall to allow Fallout to launch? More info would help.
  • Just spent ~4 hours in Fallout: I walked/sprinted many miles; I'm tired; my feet are sore af -- and I LOVED it! Will be going back in after a break. I might need to buy the smaller harness because of the weight loss I'm anticipating:)
  • Sponge101 said:

Yeah, that's what I learned to do; EVOL pointed that out to me. Amazing work! It does feel natural after awhile, Mark.

@nanonames How are you launching Fallout? Through Steam while wearing your headset or via shortcut on desktop? I've launched it through Steam in HMD dozens of times with no problem. Are you getting any error messages? Have you allowed your firewall to allow Fallout to launch? More info would help.

I ran Fallout 4 while in the Steam and did not do any additional operations except those that were described by EVOL in the instructions. In this case, as I said, Arisona Sunshine is working fine.
    And the second question, I still did not understand, was it possible for the EVOL to launch Robo Recall together with the HTV Vive and Virtuih Omni?
  • EVOLEVOL Posts: 203
    I'm clueless to why it works fine for Arizona Sunshine but not Fallout4VR. If it works for one it should for the other...
    I have not spent any effort getting Oculus store games working with the Vive/Omni. It is not currently possible. You will need an Oculus Rift to play games from Oculus store with the Omni. I'm pretty sure I can get it working, I'll look into it eventually.
  • It sounds like there might be a problem with his install of Fallout itself and not necessarily your setup.

@nanonames I'm not sure what the problem is, but you could try some of these suggestions:
    1. Make sure all drivers are up to date. Especially Nvidia driver; windows as well.
    2. Change compatibility of the Fallout exe. file to whatever system your running, win 7, 10, etc.. Also, run as admin..
    3. If you have another computer, install Fallout on that and make sure it's staring up. You can then at least know it's not a problem with Steam installing the game.
    4. If you have regular old Fallout 4 non-vr installed on your pc, move all the files to another storage drive -- it could be causing interference.
    5. Try steam beta and see if Fallout is loading with that. Also, try the Fallout beta update as well
    6. Lastly, try uninstalling Fallout and deleting all the files in EVOL's setup and then rebooting. Then reinstall just Fallout VR and see if it's working. If it is, then go through EVOL's setup again, and see if it now works.

That's all I can think of at the moment.
  • Tip: Upgrade the Omni shoe insoles with memory foam ones. It feels much more comfortable!
  • I again fought Fallout 4 and again failed.
    Someone can answer me the following questions:
    1. Do I need to run FreePIE and the script for it, which made the EVOL
    2. In what mode should the "Omni Connect" be launched. In gamepad mode or keyboard mode?
    3. Run the game from a steam or a shortcut on the desktop and is there any difference in this for this game or for other games?
    4. What is this device that is signed as HMD in OpenVR-InputEmulator? Do I have to set it up or not touch anything?
    5. Is it necessary for the proper work of the Fallout 4 to do the actions that the EVOL described in its instruction. I quote:

Everytime you restart SteamVR you will need to do these steps:
    1. Identify your nondominant hand controller.
    2. Select the Device hydra0_controller0. (This is the Omni)
    3. Apply the Profile that matches the nondominant hand controller.

Thank you for help.
    edited December 2017
    1. Yes
    2. Gamepad
    3. Within SteamVR (after 5)
    4. Your Head Mounted Display, No don't mess with it.
    5. Yes
  • jhongdajhongda Posts: 5
    edited December 2017
    Question for EVOL (or anyone else who went through this process) with regards to the Omni setup instructions here (apologies ahead of time as I'm not at all savvy with these types of complex cumstomizations):
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vTjjepP35TAKDMDCJ1fKrm0m3JScz_ZvjalQk20MLaiUQFGfsY7O9Rpzp-wcQIPqZiRotw3MdUWLofh/pub

I did everything (as far as I can tell) step by step up to "Open the script in FreePie click Scripts/Run Script or press F5" & clicked past the two messages that appeared in the headset. However, when I went into the VR inputs & did the step "Select Device hydra0_controller0:", the profiles for "Virtuix Omni FD/FF Vive" are not there (there are no profiles at all). A few clarifying questions - are these profiles that I'm supposed to create for myself, or are these profiles that are supposed to show up automatically, because I downloaded & ran the FreePIE script? I'm suspecting the latter, which means something went wrong somewhere. Any advice on how to correct anything I might have done incorrectly would be greatly appreciated.

Happy holidays everyone! Hope you all are having fun on the Omni!

PS. One more minor detail: when copying the sixsense DLL files, the instruction labeled one of the folders "bin\x64", whereas the default folder name was actually "bin\wint64". I tried to manually type in the x64 destination (but there was no such folder), I assume this is a minor discrepancy & that it doesn't matter, right?
    You must have missed the step to add those profiles..

Open a file explorer window, copy this location into the address bar, and hit enter.

C:/Users/YourUserName/AppData/Roaming/matzman666/ (Put your user name.)

Then copy the OpenVRInputEmulator.ini file into this location.
  • jhongdajhongda Posts: 5
    edited December 2017
    Thanks for the prompt response, EVOL. I wish it was that simple, though. I already completed this step. I have the .ini file in this location (per the instructions):
    C:\Users\Hongda\AppData\Roaming\matzman666\Hongda

What else could it be? I considered downloading "OpenVR Input Emulator v1.2" instead of the 1.1beta as instructed, but I didn't want to deviate from the instructions in any way (especially since I'm such a noob at these types of customizations).

Thanks in advance for your help & patience.
    C:\Users\Hongda\AppData\Roaming\matzman666\Hongda

If that last Hongda was not a typo than it was placed in the wrong folder.. place the .ini file inside matzman666.
    edited December 2017
    I have not tested the 1.2 version but I'm sure it would work however any previous versions to the 1.1 would not.
  • Never mind, apparently I created an unnecessary folder to put the .ini file in (confused w/ the instructions), the different profiles have now appeared, I'll continue with the setup & hopefully won't run into further trouble. Thanks again for the help.
    Lol... good luck!
  • RABIDRABID Posts: 198
    anyone try it with Doom VFR?
    edited December 2017
    Doom doesn't have analog thumbstick/trackpad support, or did they add It? I know of the keyboard (digital) to joystick/keypad mod but that's not good enough for me... I require analog.. :wink:
2»