All OMNI owners should use TPCast!

EVOLEVOL Posts: 201
Mounted TPCast power box onto back rail of harness. It's perfect! :)

The TPCast comes with it's own issues but it's just incredible to cut the cord on the OMNI.

Comments

• Do you experience any lag? What games have you tried it with?
  • EVOLEVOL Posts: 201
    It can be a pain to get it all setup. You may see a drop in tracking once in a while on the stock router which results in a grey screen flash. However with all its faults it's still an amazing improvement.
    I've tried a bunch of games it's not game dependant.
  • I have one as well, worth every penny. It is absolutely priceless for the Omni. Only downside is the lack of mic support. They have an unresolved driver issue even after release which is pretty weak.
    edited December 2017
    The mic can be fix if you install OpenTPCast. I had it installed and it worked great for a month.
    However OpenTPCast currently requires the router be set to a mode. I randomly started to have tracking issues with a mode. I had to switch back to stock until they fix that issue.
    OpenTPCast released a beta image which enables AC mode and completely fixed all my tracking issues. It now works better than ever..
  • What are those fans on top of the htc vive
  • Thank you. I ordered right away
  • RABIDRABID Posts: 195
    my tpcast (rift version) arrives tuesday!
    Mine was scheduled for Tuesday too, but it got rescheduled for Saturday!
    got mine today, works perfect. TOTAL game changer. just ran around in doom 3 without fear of wires
    Awesome!! Mine had terrible tracking and then it went up in smoke... Waiting on an RMA now.. Did you install OpenTPCast?
    yes, just finished it when i got home from work this afternoon. works like a champ. just did an hour in FO4VR and an hour of Doom 3 BFG VR. no issues at all. it even inspired me to order a 4th sensor for my rift
    EVOL said:

Mounted TPCast power box onto back rail of harness. It's perfect! :)

The TPCast comes with it's own issues but it's just incredible to cut the cord on the OMNI.

just did the same, works great
    Works good however it would be better if the cables came out the top. I may modify it in the future or 3D print a bracket for it.