OpenVR OMNI Overlay

Comments

• JoeJoe Posts: 189
    I didn’t check in. It wasn’t there for me, I downloaded it and copied it to a folder called subhook, then compiled it.
  • Okay. I think I fixed it. It would be cool if I could hook in some additional build steps in visual studio to automatically build it to the proper folder.
  • I'm going to refactor a bit and try to make the hooking architecture better.
  • I changed up some directory locations and added a pre build step in visual studio to build everything required for subhook!
    nice!! I'll try to sync soon and see what things look like. been heads down with some work stuff
  • So I've got more things I want to do to make the pre build faster and I hate writing batch files so I'm going to refactor it into a c# console app. This happens way more often than I'd like to admit. I think "well a small batch file should do the trick." And then I spend an entire night writing a batch file that I could have done in c# with my eyes closed.
  • SkaarahSkaarah Posts: 51
    edited December 2017
    Alright I've added a version file for the subhook prebuild process. After the first time it's built it should skip building subhook unless theres an update to subhook. Which is unlikely. Should be able to just checkout and build. Please let me know if it works.
  • RABIDRABID Posts: 195
    hpw close to a release is this?
  • FlashFlash Posts: 3
    I wish I could help but have no knowledge of this. Hope you guys find a solutions so everyone can enjoy VR with the Omni.
  • I just had my "AHAAAH!" moment while sitting on the toilet. I need to make the driver instance a device that forwards inputs from the vive controller for everything except the dpad input.
    RABID said:

hpw close to a release is this?

Unfortunately, progress is slow. I was hoping to have something functional by the end of the year but I finally know what I need to try next. Wish me luck.
    good luck!
    His solution is a one stop solution that would simplify install and everything, but it’s also time consuming to do it the right way. I’ve seen his approach and it’s solid though, and holds the most promise. I just don’t get time during holidays to code or Is be more involved. This is going to be the way forward for what users want however
    I got keyboard arrows hooked in from DirectInput and successfully moved around in pavlov without the controller! Progress has been made bois.Next step is to figure out why joystick enumeration is crashing the openvr server and then I'll move on to the overlay and configurations.
    Great news! I was able to walk around in Pavlov today using the OMNI. It turns out my original approach was better but I didn't know about what touch button I needed to override.
  • EVOLEVOL Posts: 201
    edited January 11
    Awesome, it will be great to ditch the current hydra method...
    edited January 12
    I guess it was a bit of a false positive. It works fine with just the hmd but as soon as I turn the vive wand on it crashes steamvr. My current method is to override the TrackedDevicePoseUpdated method. Essentially, I report to the game that my position in the room is actually different. This could mean that any vr game at all can be used with the omni as though you had infinite room scale space!
    Got it to not crash. Subhook was doing more than it needed too since all my hooks were vtable anyways so i switch to a simple vtable hook lib. Now I got it working and I just need the omni sdk so i can add decoupled movement!
  • As per EVOLs previous post on a different thread SDK is available via this link. " SDK can be downloaded from this link.. http://mailchi.mp/virtuix/virtuix-omni-firmware-update-1074817?e=852ed2937b "
    Thanks for the link. Although it doesn't include anything about native sdk but I'll see if I can pull apart the ue4 plugin for anything useful.
    I tested it and even without decoupled movement its amazing. The only issues so far is that you can easily walk out of bounds. In pavlov this kills you! I'll be making a short video and an installer for you guys later this week!
  • Awesome!
    Skaarah said:

I tested it and even without decoupled movement its amazing. The only issues so far is that you can easily walk out of bounds. In pavlov this kills you! I'll be making a short video and an installer for you guys later this week!

looking foward to it
  • ArenaVRArenaVR Posts: 3
    Wish a good luck!
    I think i'm not alone who is waiting for easy one stop app to get our Omni working with a different games.
    Decoupled movement is in. I was able to pull the important stuff out of the unreal sdk! Turns out the "calibration" just sets an offset angle between the headset yaw and the omni yaw. Pretty silly to package it all in a calibration app instead of having that stuff available in the connect app. I'll eventually have that as a slider in the overlay app as well as an on/off switch for position offsets.
    Nice!!
    edited January 16
    Alright. I commited the decoupled movement to head. There seems to be a bit of a discrepency with the calibration that I'll work on but in the mean time you can easily modify the calibration offset in the registry at "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HeroVR\SDK\OmniYawOffset". My current thought is that the yaw returned by the hid isn't in standard 360*. I'll figure it out eventually. One other really weird thing I had to do was manually add 180* to the yaw when multiplying the input vector. So again if its not 360 than this additional offset wont be exact.

Last thing for the night is distribution. There isn't much activity in this thread but I would like to put this driver up on steam for you guys to download and receive updates. The cost to do this is 200$. I was hoping y'all could pitch in to make this happen. The driver is free of course and would be so on Steam. This is just the cost of putting an application into steamworks. Well, let me know what you guys think. I'll end up putting it on steam anyway but every bit helps.

And here is the current build. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iUB6yYqZAqvc7LG11gmUIA09a3aFRfG1. You have to add it to your openvr using vrpathreg.AddDevice "path to manifest". I haven't tested this on any environment but my own so good luck.
  • ArenaVRArenaVR Posts: 3
    How to use it.
    Can somebody write the quick instruction ho to install it ?
  • MrHmYesQuiteMrHmYesQuite Posts: 26
    edited January 21
    In a few weeks i could probably donate a few dollars, not sure how to install it either. Is steam the best sort of distribution platform? Does this integrate the same way advanced VR settings and Revive integrate?

Does this integrate the same way advanced VR settings and Revive integrate?

It will.

Installing it currently entails opening the command prompt. Locating your steamvr installation (probably something like "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\SteamVR\bin\win64"). Then you run vrpathreg adddriver "path to omni driver manifest"
  • MarkVMarkV Posts: 77
    edited January 22
    Skaarah, how can I help with the donation? Paypal? Patreon? Or something else?