HOW TO: Play any VR Game With Full Locomotion on Omni! Arizona Sunshine Verified

1235»

Comments

• EVOLEVOL Posts: 194
    Yeah I seen that its great news previously steamvr updates would generally break support.
  • It looks like I can't identify the controllers anymore, and the omni movement is no longer being picked up. I updated the VR input emulator to version 1.2, and clicking identify still doesn't rumble the controllers, did the regular steamVR updates break the mod chain at all, or is this just me?
  • the input version of steam vr fixed it.
  • ArenaVRArenaVR Posts: 3
    @MrHmYesQuite what do you mean? how fix it? I have the same problem!

Thanks
  • MrHmYesQuiteMrHmYesQuite Posts: 26
    edited January 15
    @ArenaVR
    ArenaVR said:

@MrHmYesQuite what do you mean? how fix it? I have the same problem!

Thanks

If you go to tools instead of games in steam you can click on steam vr and open up properties, it lists steamvr, steamvr beta, ces beta, and the input beta. Select the input beta let it install and everything should go back to working, skarrah is also working on a solution that might make this whole process a little easier, but apparently this input version of steamvr is only up for two weeks, so here's to hoping it stays available or is integrated into normal steamvr
  • Has any of this changed? I'm going to go ahead and start installing, anything I should look out for? Pretty overwhelming.
  • GTerGTer Posts: 6
    Hi, I haven't read the entire thread (but I'll come back to it later to do so) but does this work if you own an oculus rift? Also, I'm not sure where in your post I can get the instructions you mentioned for how to make these games work. (I'm about to purchase an omni very soon, but as it's really expensive, I want to find out first how to make it all work)
    edited January 29
    EDIT: just realized the picture in your documentation is the razer hydra motion controllers. Are those necessary, and if so, are they still available somewhere? I think they were discontinued.
  • MarkVMarkV Posts: 68
    GTer, you just need to install the software for the Hydras.
    Thanks, is it possible to use the omni alongside vorpx to play traditionally non-VR games? Like fallout 3? I saw a video of someone playing the classic doom 2 with an omni (there's also a doom 2 VR mod that also apparently works alongside steamvr).
    I have an oculus rift, is it okay to upgrade my omni to the latest firmware or will it cause issues?
  • Works just fine as far as I can tell.
1235»