HOW TO: Play any VR Game With Full Locomotion on Omni! Arizona Sunshine Verified

Comments

• Sponge101Sponge101 Posts: 477
    Skyrim VR -- please, please work.
    No luck here. Hope someone can make it work.
    @EVOL Any luck, sir?
  • EVOLEVOL Posts: 203
    Hello, I just bought it and I'll be working on getting it working soon. I haven't even been on my Omni for months. I got a new addiction to TheWaveVR I was almost over it and then they started a Resident DJ program and invited me into it. It's been taking all my free time but I'm gonna make time for Skyrim regardless. After my show this week I'll find the time to get started on this.
    Thank you so much! The problem seems to be open vr inputemulator that's causing the game to crash before starting. Changing the Steamvr properties to beta or none will get the game working, though. P.S. TheWaveVR looks cool. Hope you had fun.
    So is this method still working for other games such as Fallout 4 VR?
    It's still working for Fallout 4 VR, which is strange because it's from the same developer. I haven't tested it with any other game besides Pavlov, which it won't work, sadly.
    I was talking about the "steamvr openvr-inputemulator-temporary" beta option in the steamvr properties, by the way.
    edited April 3
    I thought it worked with Pavlov except that game has some strange double tap run or something which made running a no go. I don't personally have the game so I'm just going off what I've been told..
    I guess no progress has been made on another solution? What about that guy that people gave money to get his driver on steam?
    Really? I'll test it again soon.
    matzman666? I guess this problem is his to solve. He released updates for Fallout 4 VR soon after it launched, so maybe he'll do the same again.
    edited April 3
    Nah I was talking about this http://forum.virtuix.com/discussion/3128/openvr-omni-overlay/p1 I looked it over doesn't look like he has made much progress since I've been gone.
    However yes if the issue is solely due to a OpenVR-InputEmulator conflict. Then matzman666 will probably be needed to fix the issue.
    edited April 3
    I think his updates for Fallout were just for Oculus users due to the game not supporting the touch controllers.
    Makes sense. The other guy has been silent since March 16th.
    edited April 3
    Seems like it. Fallout never had this crash problem that I can remember when it lunched. Sorry, have to sleep -- it's past midnight already.
  • lipploglipplog Posts: 102
    edited April 3
    Hi guys. I’m about to try to apply this hack, but thought I should ask first if it still works, and which version in this thread is the latest. What do you think? Should I hold off, or install now?

Thanks in advance!
  • NobleBrutusNobleBrutus Posts: 143
    edited April 4
    Skyrim!
  • OkiloOkilo Posts: 3
    Is this method still confirmed as working? Can't seem to get any locomotion with Vivecraft, at least, using the legacy instructions from Virtuix. VRZ requires omniverse which I don't have (yet).
    @EVOL Someone got it working! Let's hope he responds to setup question.

• lipploglipplog Posts: 102
    EVOL said:

Hello, I just bought it and I'll be working on getting it working soon. I haven't even been on my Omni for months. I got a new addiction to TheWaveVR I was almost over it and then they started a Resident DJ program and invited me into it. It's been taking all my free time but I'm gonna make time for Skyrim regardless. After my show this week I'll find the time to get started on this.

I read somewhere that SkyrimVR comes with keyboard support. As in WASD. Can anyone confirm it works with the zombie?

• MarkVMarkV Posts: 81
    edited April 8
    Yes, Keyboard is working for me when I press the wasd keys in motion controller mode. I haven't Omni'd it yet tho.

It supports gamepad (you can find it in the menus), but in the menu it's gamepad OR motion controller. I do wonder if we could put a hotkey on something that would let us switch between the two. For example, any time the Omni starts moving it switches to gamepad mode. When the omni stops moving, it switches back to motion controller.

Let us know if you get up and running in Gamepad or Keyboard mode!
    edited April 8
    Skyrim VR is working in keyboard mode in the Omni software combined with the SteamVR beta (haven't tested non-beta yet) along with motion controller (Touch). Fallout 4 VR still needs EVOL's method; it won't work with keyboard or gamepad mode alone. It also needs to be in the "Steamvr inputemulator - temporary beta". Moreover, matzman666's inputemulator 1.2 is working for me and not 1.3: it crashes steamvr. For me anyways, I have to switch all of these settings depending on if I want to play Skyrim or Fallout, but it's worth it.
    Sponge101 said:

@EVOL Someone got it working! Let's hope he responds to setup question.

He responded to my question about setup with: "it's a prog currently in beta. Am helping test it. Once it's out I'll help spread the word."

Not very detailed or helpful :/ kind of at a stand still, and it sounds like it is some sort of proprietary program making it all work.
    edited April 8
    Probably, but at least we have keyboard mode to make it work :) Thanks to the software engineer(s) who made that option! I think SUTEKIB gave them/him a shout-out in a Fallout 4 (original) vid years ago.
  • RagtaggRagtagg Posts: 4
    Hey guys, didn't realize you were the ones wanting the info. I can get you some beta keys for this prog in beta on steam. Hit me up in a PM and I'll get you on the discord as well so you can troubleshoot if (when) need be.
    Ragtagg said:

Hey guys, didn't realize you were the ones wanting the info. I can get you some beta keys for this prog in beta on steam. Hit me up in a PM and I'll get you on the discord as well so you can troubleshoot if (when) need be.

Amazing! PM sent.
  • MarkVMarkV Posts: 81
    I believe - based on another post from Skaarah, that this is same as OpenOmni. I asked Ragtagg if that was the case.
  • flamaestflamaest Posts: 108
    Ragtagg is The Man!!! Thanks!