About to purchase an omni, can I make it function (even if via vorpx) for walking in other games?

I saw a video where someone played doom 2 on the omni and was immediately sold on the product. I'm about to purchase one, but it costs 4,500 USD, so I just want to ask, CAN you make it function with other games? I don't care if I have to use vorpx, but what's the technique? Is there a youtube video for it? I'd love to use it in addition to vorpx to play stuff like morrowind, oblivion, skyrim, fallout 3 + 4, the original doom games (which have been modded to allow VR gameplay) and half-life 1 and 2, but I have absolutely no idea how they were made to function with them. It's probably something ridiculously simple, but as I don't have one or access to try one, I have no clue how to do so.

Comments

• rich0550rich0550 Posts: 7
    Please someone post on how to do this, GTer is right "It's probably something ridiculously simple" rather than us newcomers spending oh, what a week trying to configure this thing to work with Vorpx and GTA V which is shown on about one dozen youtube channels how about throw us a bone here. There are so many settings along the way that make it hard to configure the various variables are endless....

1- keyboard or gamepad in Omni?
    2-assign controller steam overrides? and over ride for game as well if so what settings in those configurations? those are really mystic!
    3-vorpex tracking off ?
    4-gah i donno stumped.

been making my own game controllers and simpits since the 90s this is still way out of my league thanks for help sorry for rant