Virtuix at Steam Dev Days (Seattle 1/15 - 1/16)

Dev_Guy_RobertDev_Guy_Robert Posts: 173
edited January 2014 in Announcements
Hello Everyone - I'm Robert - alias the Virtuix Developer Relations Guy

I'm looking forward to hearing about all the exciting games and applications you are thinking about and developing for the Omni. If you haven't already done so, you might take a quick look at our latest backer update:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/194 ... sts/714599

Here you will find a sweet pic of the new TRAVR demo I'm helping to put together with a development team from Orb Interactive.

I will be in Seattle next week attending the Steam Dev Days conference. If you are attending as well please message me and let's have a chat. I would enjoy meeting you in person. I've even been know to buy people beer :)

Comments

• SuprM4nSuprM4n Posts: 81
    :!:

Nice to "meet" you Rob, is it okay if I call you Rob?

Thank you for the update! -wipes drool away- Have you gotten any turns on the Omni yet?
    supermansig.png
    Props go to Plixity for the sig.
  • KijutsuKijutsu Posts: 85
    Free beer eh! *Check Airplane prices* 2000$ eh... Some other time!

Welcome aboard and yoroshiku from Japan!
  • Thanks both @SuprM4n and @Kijutsu

Plane tickets would be a little pricey from Japan for this short of event. Hopefully another time... There have been a lot of announcements this week coming from Valve that I think we all need to watch closely. The Steam machines, SteamOS and controllers are all exciting new areas for game devs. The new controller mechanics are really intriguing.

And now they just mentioned they will be releasing a VR SDK.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25661997
    VR gaming is about to explode and you guys are front and center :) And hopefully soon on an Omni.

@SuprM4n Our Omni has been on the road so much, I haven't had the chance to jump on it myself. I can't wait to try out the new one with the sensor array and new shoes.

Hajimemashite, @Kijutsu desu