Dismantle time

OculusRiftRocksOculusRiftRocks Posts: 131
edited November 2014 in Omni Feature Questions
I would like to ask how long it takes to dismantle the omni.

I can only assume it's a simple process that takes less than 1 minute, is it also possible to remove just the strut and keep the ring on it for even quiker setup time.

Thanks

Comments

• sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,069
    Not long @OculusRiftRocks! In the Kickstarter video, you can see at about two and a half minutes in that the plan was indeed to let you quickly separate the struts with ring attached in a matter of seconds. Setup time should be quite fast.

Community Manager at Virtuix
  • OculusRiftRocksOculusRiftRocks Posts: 131
    edited November 2014
    Great news,that was my main concern with the cyberith, I believe the setup and dismantle time is 20 minuets! no way I am playing a 40 minuet video game and spending 10 minutes setting up then 10 minutes taking down the ODT.

I have an important question to ask, its about the height of the omni when packed away in this fasion

http://i.imgur.com/tCV9LDe.jpg?1

this is important to know as I will be buying a double bed soon and I need to make room for the full height when the ring is attached and stored away, would love to keep the ring on.
  • OculusRiftRocksOculusRiftRocks Posts: 131
    edited November 2014
    My guess is 22" which is quite a lot, I don't think it would fit under any bed, so a full dismantle would have to be done, bit of a shame, but I will look into beds in my local store and ask if any have a clearance room of 22" to store "exercise equipment".

edit: ah here we go "The platform ring has a 20” diameter.", so there's our answer, but is that the diameter of the medium sized one, what if I select the small size, will it have a smaller diameter?
  • sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,069
    I've been thinking about installing a couple of wall brackets so I can mount the support there like 3D art. Maybe you could prop the bed up with some blocks though?
    Community Manager at Virtuix
  • hah yeah hanging it up on a wall would work, putting it in a wardrobe may be a better idea, propping the bed up will also work.