Omni Pathfinder Kickstarter update

xxann5xxann5 Posts: 593
edited November 2015 in Lounge
Look at that, you guys we're not kidding about the more frequent updates.

The Pathfinder program is very tempting but I don't have a DK2 and there basicly impossible to get ahold of now :'(

Comments

• xxann5xxann5 Posts: 593
    Damn! The DK2 prices on Ebay are ridiculous!
  • Yeah, ever since Oculus quit selling the DK2 the prices have skyrocketed!
  • gleamingsandsgleamingsands Posts: 303
    edited November 2015
    Even before Oculus quit selling the DK2, people were charging as much as $500.00 for them on Ebay. It's a matter of course, for sure, as those items were probably meant to bypass some restriction on the availability of the DK2 in some countries, and in this case it's just people capitalizing on low availability with moderate demand. Still, I wish I'd bought one awhile ago.
  • Why not just use the Merge VR or the other headsets available right now?
  • xxann5xxann5 Posts: 593
    Merge VR is nothing but a nicer, though ugly, phone holder. I already have a GearVR which is far more than a phone holder as it has advanced IMU's built into it as well as supports low persistence. Even so there is not a lot of content(at least currently) for the GearVR that the Omni would be suited for. There is Dreadhalls which I am looking forward to playing on the Omni. That's actually the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

Without the ability to play a diverse set of games with the Omni I would just be wasting the Virtuix guys time.