Spinning: Oculus tracking cameras + Rotation Tracking on Omni

TomekTomek Posts: 76
Two questions:
1: Since we will likely be spinning around a lot, how many tracking cameras are required for the oculus rift?
2: In relation to the cable tangling issues, could the Virtuix drivers keep track of how many times a person has rotated in one direction and give a warning of some sort? This would allow the user to simply rotate the other way a few times.

Comments

• sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,061
    Hi @Tomek, welcome to the forum!

1) The Oculus Rift consumer version will only need the one camera (included) as there are LEDs on the front and back. If you want to use the Oculus Touch controllers, you will need to install a second camera, which comes with them. If you only have the DK2, then you can get by without the camera and it will still track rotation.
    2) An excellent idea - my compliments! Of course, someone here may have already suggested that to them ;) - I can't comment on if or when that will become a feature though.
    Community Manager at Virtuix
  • xxann5xxann5 Posts: 593
    Wow that is a really good idea. Its one of those ideas than when you hear it you think "It's so simply, how could i not have thought of that". I will say having it configurable(number of rotations) and allowing it to be disabled would be a must.