Explore VR | Charting the Rise of Virtual Reality

sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,059
Hi guys, allow me to introduce myself. I'm sutekiB, a day-one Kickstarter backer of the Virtuix Omni. I'm also a Pathfinder, and I will be doing my best to share my experiences of the Omni with you starting next month. I will be attending CES to take part in the world's first Active VR E-sports tournament - exciting!

I will aim to post my updates over the coming months ITT, but for people who do not visit the forum that frequently, you can follow me on social media. For convenience I started a new website - www.explore-vr.com, where you can read articles, check out the videos I'll be making, and get the links to my Twitter, Facebook, etc. I hope you like it!

Stay tuned for lots of content to pass the time while you wait for your Omnis to be delivered!

Best regards,
sutekiB

explore-vr.com
Community Manager at Virtuix

Comments

• xxann5xxann5 Posts: 593
    Nice, look forward to your posts. The site looks good!
  • sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,059
    Thanks @xxann5! I'm going to be panicking over the next few days as I get ready to fly out to Las Vegas, but there will be something added tomorrow morning.
  • As always, looking forward to reading your experience. The site really looks good and unique; never seen a purple, space-themed site before.

Have fun at CES. Remember, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas so -- show them no mercy! ;)
    Thanks @Sponge101! I'm bringing back the 80's purple-neon look. I'll try!

Hey, what's this.... a strange countdown timer now appears when you click the Explore VR logo. There's also a cryptic message underneath it.

Oh sutekiB, what mischief are you planning? >:)
  • Wow... 222 days from now... that's a really long time from now -- Oh, what the hell, I'll take a wild guess: when it reaches zero, we're all gonna die!!! :'( Clearly, the black silhouette is that of a large, circular, cosmic object that has blot out the visible light spectrum from the Sun and therefore is within our solar system and therefore it is logical to conclude that said large, circular, cosmic object is on a trajectory to collide with planet Earth and will obliterate every know form of life because the size of said object is equivalent to our Sun. Quick, somebody call Bruce Willis, we need to put a drill on that thing!
  • KellCam_VirtuixKellCam_Virtuix Posts: 209
    edited December 2015
    An intelligent guess @Sponge101, but I'm afraid you'll have to wait until the timer runs out on the the 8th of the 8th, at 8:08am GMT ;)
    Well Happy New Year everyone. I'm here in sunny Las Vegas getting ready for the Omni Arena tournament next week. I updated my blog last night with a few thoughts I had after I checked into my hotel: VRbal | 2016: The Year of VR, and the First Active E-sports Champion
  • Sponge101Sponge101 Posts: 474
    I've never had mince pies but how much damage can they do to the body before a highly competitive, endurance, sporting event right?... I wish you all the luck in the world.

BTW, what's your strategy for the event itself? I'm sure no one on the other team is paying attention right now...
    @sutekiB. Also, has there been any word yet on who your teammates are and what kind of tournament this is (team deathmatch probably but how many matches, etc.)? Thanks.
    Hi @Sponge101 Sorry I've been busy helping out with the booth setup - it's looking really good! Thanks, I do have a couple of strategies I'll try to use for Omni Arena, and some old ones I learned playing Training Ops, but it's a new game so I won't know what works until I start playing. No, I don't know who my competitors are, but I look forward to meeting them. It's not the mince pies, it's the dollops of brandy butter you put on top of them that adds to your waist-line!
    @sutekiB. No worries, I knew you were busy with the setup. I saw a few CES setup videos and they were hectic. As for the pies, I look forward to trying them when I cross the pond a few years from now (waist-line be damned!).

I'm not sure if you're aware but according to the CES tweets there are many sporting and e-sport officials there this year to talk about the impact of VR on their medium. I'm really curious if they will take a stroll over to the Omni booth... :*