DK2 for $200

So I was fortunate enough to get a DK2 for $200, off a guy on Craigslist.Went ahead and got Vorpx as I had already purchased most of the compatible games off steam sales, After playing for awhile I think with a lil more work that it would of been a viable Cv release. So I hope Cv1 is amazing lol, can't wait for my Omni to complete the package.

Comments

• sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,069
    I agree @Nossforra2, the DK2 was good enough hardware-wise for consumer release, but the software was not. While they were improving the software to make it consumer ready, they were also giving developers time to make some polished games, and at the same time further improving the hardware. It was a good strategy!
    Community Manager at Virtuix
  • xxann5xxann5 Posts: 593
    I think the main resion they did not release the DK2 as CV1 is because there software was not ready. They made major changes to the SDK after DK2 to the point of complete back-words incompatibility. You cant do that to a consumer product without pissing EVERYONE off. But you can do that with a development kit with no warning and no one can really complain. I would not be surprised if this was the reason it was a DK and not a CV.