Its happening!!! :)

xxann5xxann5 Posts: 593
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1944625487/omni-move-naturally-in-your-favorite-game/posts/1591931
  • 35 Units late June
  • 500 Units in July
  • 1000 Units in August
  • 2000/Units per month by year end.

Comments

• Sponge101Sponge101 Posts: 477
    I'm not saying finally... but... FINALLY!!!

6.jpg 85.6K
  • sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,069
    Firstly, this is obviously great news for my fellow backers. Secondly, I think there's going to a big shake up in the VR industry by the end of August if there are 1500+ Omnis in the wild, as I hope there will be. Like a wind coming from another direction, this ship may turn away from being purely mini-games and casual experiences and towards a broader range of genres that appeals to both the mass market and hardcore gamers. Free-roaming adventure games and first-person shooters are just the tip of the iceberg. The content that the Omni unleashes (including backwards compatibility with legacy games) will be like a tidal wave, sweeping away any notion that VR is a gimmicky fad. Go Virtuix!
    Community Manager at Virtuix
  • GreyAcumenGreyAcumen Posts: 307
    edited June 2016
    That puts nearly 10,000 units (that's over NINE THOUSAAAAND!) out by the beginning of 2017. It should be interesting to see how support for the Omni changes, and how game development for VR changes from here on out.
    We've come a long way from this:

and now...

• TomekTomek Posts: 76
    This is great. Based on my order number early 1600s, I should get mine in September!
    I'm glad they have such detailed information. Thanks a lot guys. Very different from Oculus where your order number was cryptic and supply was not discussed.

2 question though:
    I also ordered the rack and boon with order numbers in the high 8000s. Will I possibly be getting these with the Omni? Shipping is expensive to Australia and it would be good if they were shipped together.
    Also, any updated estimates on shipping costs?
    I don't have any information on shipping costs @Tomek, but you will almost certainly have the Rack and Boom shipped out with the Omni on the same pallet - that's what's been happening with Pathfinders (Omni and Boom); and it makes the most sense.
  • THET1KTHET1K Posts: 17
    I completely share your enthusiasm and point of view regarding the Virtuix Omni sutekiB. I think this is going to save VR. I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of these out in the wild soon :smiley:. Mine should arrive Q1 2017...I'm so stoked.
  • xxann5xxann5 Posts: 593
    edited June 2016
    Wow @sutekiB look at Jan go! he just keep going and going!

Edit: Thats actually a really well done gif its almost a perfect loop.
  • I am truly looking forward to this. It's going to be like a whole new Let's Play, one wherein I don't give a crap about the viewer and my content becomes long stretches of silence and short periods of intense excitement followed by getting my wind back.

My Omni unboxing video, however, will involve a Russian known as Magic Mikola attempting to save the world from Rogue VR Cultists