Virtuix Omni Meme

2»

Comments

• ModManModMan Posts: 79
    Wow, now I really can't wait for the new Super Smash Hair Bros!
  • sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,069
    The votes are in aaand... Jan wins by a follicle! He's through to the final round, but whom will he face?

Hark! I hear a sound. It must be the final boss!

Wait, I think I recognise that silhouette. Could it be?

Yes it is! This is going to be tough.

Who will reign supreme as the ultimate champion of great hair?

Begin!

Phew. Boy, that escalated quickly.

Bravo Jan, I knew you could do it! Now it's time to conquer E3. Do it for us, for the world... for the future - for all mankind!

Community Manager at Virtuix

^ Thanks for having me along Virtuix!

Pic by AFP. Source article: http://www.therakyatpost.com/business/2014/06/13/vr-games-attract-nasa-tourism-healthcare-players/
    ^ So kawaii.... couldn't resist.

^ LucasArts/EA/Disney - please make a VR Star Wars game. You made a Kinect version, how about one for the Omni? It'll be fun running around as a Jedi, don't you think? Also... well I'll let Han say it for me:

:D

^ Not sanctioned or approved by Virtuix, I do not have permission to use the logo etc - just messing around with a concept.

^ Not the original Klingon, but still good.
  • These memes always make laugh, @sutekib we need more!!! :)

@ModMan Came out of retirement just for you bro :)
    The best update yet?

• LOL I'll walk Skyrim AND Solstheim. And if we can get a gadget to give weight simulation, my 3000 weight inventory will be a perfect workout!

• dang it suteki i also want to go to E3

maybe i should apply to be tester or something. where to start?

Has it really been a year since my last meme? Well, it's a special occasion!

The latest update from Virtuix is perhaps the most exciting yet. Versing with the Virtuix Omni and HTC Vive means limitless free roaming and dual-wielding in VR. This is arguably the new pinnacle in VR gaming. Here's the excellent breaking article published by Road to VR: Virtuix Omni with HTC Vive and here's the Kickstarter update: Omni + Vive/Lighthouse
  • xxann5xxann5 Posts: 593
    edited November 2015
    Nice, been waiting for you guys to demo with the Vive! I am VERY excited that you got decoupled shooting enable in TRAVR with the it. That has pretty much solidified with HMD I will be getting.
  • @sutekiB have you heard of Hover Junkers, by StressLevelZero? the guy behing it is Brandon Laatsch, Freddie Wong's former partner at Rocketjump.

Basicaly, it's a VR-only game that uses the Vive dual stick too, so your game character can dual wield guns. I think Virtuix should ship one to em, since they're just kinda running around in the room for testing. The game's still in development tho

• @Wolvenworks That's not a bad idea. Hover Junkers is looking like a lot of fun. Imagine if there were no longer size and space limits and you can run around an enormous (battleship size) hover ship with friends. I would love to see that.
  • WolvenworksWolvenworks Posts: 93
    edited December 2015
    @KellCam_Virtuix they do received questions about "how large the room should be", so Brandon released a video on YT to elaborate on that. Basically you just need enough room for your hands, which IIRC is slightly bigger than the area of the Omni, right? Point it, you don't need a whole meeting room for it. It's already on Steam store as a VR exclusive (but no game yet. It's "coming soon")

link for Hover Junkers on Steam below:

store.steampowered.com/app/380220/

I played Hover Junkers, and while I think it's a good, fun game (and might be more fun for someone who has more space), I wasn't able to move around very much. My room has the bare minimum for 'room scale', and that just doesn't let you take more than one step without seeing chaperone lines. In VR, one step is not enough. That's why I'm glad I have my Omni!

• gleamingsandsgleamingsands Posts: 306
    edited June 2016

You didn't think we could forget did you? I'll never let go. The memes will live on forever.
  • xxann5xxann5 Posts: 593
    HA! That's awesome @gleamingsands !!