Does anyone know what's the hold up know??'i pre-ordered/ prepaid July of last year, so a year as of

Does anyone know what's the hold up know??'i pre-ordered/ prepaid July of last year, so a year as of This month and patiently still waiting,, also how t do you find out what number i have that you all are discussing or is it just for kickstarters?? Thanks for your help!!

Comments

• Hi @Jennifersvirtuix,

Our pilot production run is currently in progress. After a successful pilot run, we will ramp production and ship thousands of Omni's to our backers and pre-order customers. It may take several months to do so, but we will keep everyone up-to-date through our blog and by e-mail. We'll also contact you directly when your order is ready to ship. You can find more details about production here: http://www.virtuix.com/pilot-run-and-strategic-investment/
  • @Jennifersvirtuix Don't hold your breath! Some of us have been waiting since 2013 and have been fed a long list of "updates/ when it will be shipped" BUT it always changes. They say this year, think next year or the one after :disappointed:
  • Just expect it 10 years from now and you might be pleasantly surprised when it arrives 9 years from now instead. I backed it within the first month of kickstarter and I have been waiting through countless "Ramping up production" updates, shipping updates that never follow through, and even shipping schedules that just get tossed out after yet another delay.
  • DanteMDanteM Posts: 212
    why all the negativity? They JUST started shipping from China's production location a few weeks ago, and according to that newsletter the first batch appears to be already arriving at people's houses... Seems like a time to be positive and happy rather than salty and update, I mean you 2 could always refund your order and open spots for others sooner, or sell off your order to someone if you aren't happy...
  • xxann5xxann5 Posts: 593
    Really, of all the times to start bitching about how long its taking and you chose right at the end when we can all see the light at the end of the tunnel.
  • Sorry for the salt! This light at the end of the tunnel has happened too many times for me. (see my new post) I wanted to warn people to not hold your breath! Just trying to keep hopes from being crushed like mine have been for years! Anyways I think it is a great product if you have the patience of a saint :)

Sorry for the salt! This light at the end of the tunnel has happened too many times for me. (see my new post) I wanted to warn people to not hold your breath! Just trying to keep hopes from being crushed like mine have been for years! Anyways I think it is a great product if you have the patience of a saint :)

I can feel your pain trust me all to well ... Kickstarter backer #614 my order has been waiting a LONG time, but I SHOULD be part of that Oct batch that is currently traveling overseas... ¿hopefully? Virtuix hasn't been really answering any questions about ship out dates from their production center to the US distribution center other than rough months (not even early oct/ mid oct/ late oct) for all I know the Oct shipment never shipped and that's why they aren't saying anything, or sending anyone information on which batch to expect to be in.. according to their original numbers of 210 in the first shipment and 800 something in that second shipment I should be getting mine VERY soon in that second batch. I will say support has been VERY helpful with ordering issues and updating orders etc. I would just love if Virtuix had someone on these forums answering some of the more concerning questions to ease our hearts, souls, and minds ya know... either way WOOT I CAN'T WAIT FOR MINE TO ARRIVE #SoHyped!!
    Well your not wrong, it has been a LONG time and there have been a few delays. Its just that your a little late to the party, at least on this forum. Most people on this forum have been talking for years about the Omni, complaining about the wait, talking about how awesome its turning out to be, rationalizing there money spent and the time we have all waited. Then as the first mass produced Omni's are reaching the first backers you jump in and say "WAIT!!!! look everyone the Omni has been delayed before we where supposed to get it on such and such date." Well thanks capt obverse.

I don't blame you for being annoyed, waiting sucks. Virtuix has apologized for the delay and they have been more than willing to give refunds. Though I don't see how getting a refund would expedite getting an Omni but the option is there.
  • adminadmin Posts: 169
    Hi everyone,

First off I'd like to apologize for all the delays and the long wait time. I understand everyone's frustration. We have missed all our previous deadlines and time estimates, which looking back is quite embarrassing for us (and for me personally). Our community has been waiting endlessly for the Omni. We can only blame ourselves. That said, we are currently shipping and delivering units, albeit at a slow pace. We are hesitant to provide any more delivery estimates, given our poor track record of achieving those. However, we are well capitalized and will fulfill our backlog as soon as we can without jeopardizing quality. Our production is now ongoing and continuous. Please bear with us while we work through our large order backlog. We will keep you posted along the way. And I hope you accept my apology that it's been a very long way, riddled with challenges and delays. Thank you for your support.

Best regards,

Jan
    No worries Jan, good things come to those who wait and the Omni is looking damn good!
  • While were at it, any Idea when you will start shipping to Germany? I have pre ordered April 2014 and since been patiently waiting. We are currently developing a tool which is not necessarily relying on the Omni but would be heavily benefiting from it. Currently we do mention this with any customer we are presenting to and it would be nice to at least get an idea when we would be able to actually have it on site to show.
    Hi Christian, we estimate to start shipping to EU in late Q1. We will keep you updated.
    Best regards,
    Jan
  • SilentShadowSilentShadow Posts: 1
    edited November 2016
    May I know when will it start shipping in Asia, particularly Singapore? Thank you!
    Hi SilentShadow, we are discussing the Asia plan with our Asia partner, Hero Entertainment. We will let you know.
    Best regards,
    Jan
  • Well, regarding my earlier post, my inlaws live in Chicago, would it be possible to ship it there, they will arrange the transfer to me. My wife will travel to the us in December anyhow, she could pick it up there as well. We are really eager to have it and start using it for our customer presentations. It would greatly improve our product!
    Hi Christian, sure, you can do so. Please email us at info@virtuix.com to update your shipping address. However, note that the Omni is not easily "picked up"; it comes in a large box (100kg) on a pallet that requires a palletized freight service. Air freighting to Germany would cost ~$1,000 at least.
    Best regards,
    Jan
  • Oh, ok, got it. Never mind than, i will wait patiently a little longer. Anything you can do however to speed it up would be much appreciated. One of our customers has expressed interest to equip their sales points with the system if it proves to be usefull, but want to have a live demo.
  • I apologise for the negativity. I am understandably pessimistic at this point because even though the light is at the end of the tunnel, that light never seems to get any closer. I do appreciate to transparency, honesty, and regular updates. When my omni finally get's here, I am sure it will be well worth the wait.
  • Backer #40 here, just waiting for the good stuff. It will get here.
    --------------------------------------
    Cheez\/\/iz
    Omni Backer #40!
    Rift Backer #2,770 (That was a good one!)
    Middle Tennessee
    --------------------------------------
    CheezWiz said:

Backer #40 here, just waiting for the good stuff. It will get here.

You should be getting yours by Xmas maybe even O.O lucky lucky duck! if they didn't miss their mark on the estimate from Aug that they gave us I might of had one too :P #TheSaltynessIsReal
    I like your optimism @CheezWiz
    CheezWiz said:

Backer #40 here, just waiting for the good stuff. It will get here.

Let us know the moment you get that Email notice and the moment it ships and the moment it arrives so we can all as a community see the progress as well as judge the shipping time/process.
  • eg239eg239 Posts: 11
    Im backer on kick starter number 2144 i just saw they added payment info for the shipping I believe its coming close for me. I hope someone updates me when I can expect my omini. ORDERED OCT 14 2014
  • JoeJoe Posts: 135
    Wierd the newsletter they just sent for march said they were up to backer 1300 or so. I'm startingto think that the numbers are meaningless, or about 1000 international orders sat between eg239 and the last few they shipped
  • XainXain Posts: 122
    @Joe Im... not sure what you are getting at? You have to remember that its possible thata there are a few hundred people who backed the kickstarter but did not put enough money to it to actually get one.
  • JoeJoe Posts: 135
    Feb 21 order 2144 gets a shipping mail
    Mar 1 they said theyve shipped order 1139

The numbers dont add up. I'm saying that us talking in forums about what order number we are and what has shipped is flawed
    Backer 614 I just received my unit today WOOT WOOT!
  • eg239eg239 Posts: 11
    Still waiting on the email. I have 2 units coming going to be like 4 years now since I have been waiting for the virtual machine. will the shoes and harness come before the actual unit?
  • MarkVMarkV Posts: 35
    My tracker stands, rack and hmd boom came first but my two pairs of shoes came in the Omni crate. I ordered the tracker stands, rack, boom, and a pair of shoes about the same time as I paid for shipping for the Omni.