So has anyone here gotten the email yet?

Comments

• SeanBladerSeanBlader Posts: 7
    I'm backer 1139, and my waybill number email arrived on Feb 24th, and my Omni arrived on March 3rd. It sucks if you're a backer number lower than me and you haven't seen it yet. Hope they get back to you and get your unit enroute to you soon! I just spent all day today setting up the office to make room for the Omni, I still need to setup the Vive in the office too I usually have my roomspace setup in the garage, after I move the two cars out of it, it'll be nice to not have to move my PC to the garage to VR.
  • Fan47Fan47 Posts: 23
    It is quiet here. Anyone received their Omni recently? Still eagerly awaiting mine.
  • WombatcaveWombatcave Posts: 36
    Fan47 said:

It is quiet here. Anyone received their Omni recently? Still eagerly awaiting mine.

I agree. As backer 1050 I received mine last week. I expected to see a flood of comments, questions, suggestions, even youtube videos, but thus far it has been crickets. Show off your Omni's people lol. Half of the fun of a project like this is the community involvement.

Virtuix Omni - Mar.11 | HTC Vive | Oculus Rift | Logitech G25 | Saitek X52 PRO |
    I7 3820 16 gig RAM GTX 970 250gb SSD
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/thewombatcave
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vrcave/
  • DanteMDanteM Posts: 202

Fan47 said:

I agree. As backer 1050 I received mine last week. I expected to see a flood of comments, questions, suggestions, even youtube videos, but thus far it has been crickets. Show off your Omni's people lol. Half of the fun of a project like this is the community involvement.
    You'll see some content I'm sure. Most gamers don't do the youtube video/twitch thing, I've been making a bunch of content and videos for it just haven't posted any of them. I've also been really focused on making mods and a new program that does what the Omni connect should do but doesn't. (aka acting as a binding software to eliminate the 3rd controller issue some games have with vive and omni, as well as emulate vive controllers)
  • RABIDRABID Posts: 142
    DanteM said:

Fan47 said:

I've also been really focused on making mods and a new program that does what the Omni connect should do but doesn't. (aka acting as a binding software to eliminate the 3rd controller issue some games have with vive and omni, as well as emulate vive controllers)
    any progress?

RABID said:

DanteM said:

Fan47 said:

I've also been really focused on making mods and a new program that does what the Omni connect should do but doesn't. (aka acting as a binding software to eliminate the 3rd controller issue some games have with vive and omni, as well as emulate vive controllers)
    any progress?

Depends on your definition of progress... haven't had time to code in about a week now. I've got 2 separate softwares one that successfully is able to emulate the Vive controls and I've got another capable of binding so the computer sees the Vive and Omni as one unit but having issues getting these to work together so far it's just one or the other. I'm finally moving tomorrow to the new house so I should be able to pickup work on programming again in a week or so.

I'll be sharing out my software once I finish it ^.^ assuming Virtuix team doesn't beat me to it.
    cool, if the vive and touch joysticks can be emulated then every game with locomotion should work B)
    RABID said:

cool, if the vive and touch joysticks can be emulated then every game with locomotion should work B)

Ya the emulation factor was easy as I've said on older posts, idk why Omni connect doesn't support it yet. It took me all of 2 weeks to get that to work. It's not super smoothed out yet and has issues like it stops working once if you touch the Vive touch pad but it's still in alpha testing phase. That will be fixed with V2 of the software but I haven't had time perfect it with this move.

It's just a simple matter of having the computer view the Omni and Vive as controllers with a set of functions then having the program bind those functions to a virtual keyboard so Vive and touch joysticks do their own thing but the computer sees them as WASD then Map the Omni movements to WASD as well (basically KB mode) and the program then views the Omni movements sees them as WASD and knows that WASD is also imputed from the movement pads on the Vive/touch controller. This causes the software to think you are touching the movement pads and the game registers it as the movement pads badda bing badda boom. I may of explained it a tad sloppy as I'm texting this from my phone while laying in bed haha. Hope this helps understand the software and hopefully helps Virtuix programmers too. I'm hoping Omni connect gets this function as I wanna see the Omni flourish and not fail due to lax functions and programming.
    lol, omni software should have had this from day one. cant wait to try it B)
  • mugenmugen Posts: 4
    Wondering if I'm getting closer...

I Kickstarted on June 24, 2013 and was given preorder 7472 in August 2015. Does that make sense?

Thanks
  • JoeJoe Posts: 65
    That seems wrong, may want to email them. Kickstarters are a different group than preorder...if you contributed to the campaign you will want to be in the KS fufillment group. They're still working through those so it may be a while still. Preorders haven't started being filled yet and are behind the KS fufillments
    Finally finished moving and got the Omni setup again, Thought I'd share this with all of you in hopes to keep your chin up the omni's are coming ^.^ slowly but surely.

Virtuix/Virtuix community managers,
    Can we request getting the monthly updates reported as xxx / yyyy units shipped? The order numbers don't seem to be very useful for getting a sense of where things are at. 1139 got his mail Feb 24th, which is what the March 1st update reported (that up through 1139 had been shipped). However 1050 is the last report that we see here, and that didn't come in till March 18th. I'm in the preorder section, and would like to understand how many kickstarter units are left to ship. It feels like the numbers are being obscured on purpose, and I don't understand why. Having a "1340 out of 4000 KS backers shipped" report doesn't seem like it should be an unreasonable ask. I'm not asking for when the rest will be shipped, or how many preorders (I understand those numbers can be sensitive for financial reporting reasons). But to just know the queue length would at least be SOME info
  • sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,040
    Hi @Joe, unfortunately it's not possible to say how far through the queue we are, because we don't know how long the queue is. Not every backer imported their rewards into the website after the campaign; we routinely receive emails letting us know their shipping details, while others ask to be refunded. One lengthens the queue, the other shortens it. Since we can't give an accurate proportion of total units shipped, I think it makes more sense if we just try to fulfil as many orders as we can, as efficiently as we can.
    Community Manager at Virtuix
  • XainXain Posts: 122
    You literally have to have SOME idea, no matter how inacurate it may become. Moreover I seem to remember Virtuix saying they were working to get us a list in one of the recent news letters. Just get us a list of people that currently have a kickstarter order and a list of kickstarters who have already recieved theirs. Yes someone may cancel their order that same day but who cares!? The list can ONLY SHORTEN.
  • travis1409travis1409 Posts: 111
    Another lie from Virtuix. First they constantly say "Ramping up production" when they don't even have the product finalized, then promise repeatadly to ship internatinoslly, and now the newest lie.

"This month we will work on linking each backlog Omni unit to a container in our production schedule, so that we can communicate everyone’s place in line and estimated shipping timeline. This shipping schedule will still be subject to change (production hiccups happen), but at least you will have a fixed spot in our fulfilment queue."

That was January 4th. So why do they constantly lie to us? It's not just unfulfilled promises at this point I can barely trust anything they say. Kickstarter backer #1,693 here, still no email by the way. They also promised that we were their first priority but if that were true then their commercial costumers wouldn't have Omni's yet because the people that backed them in the first place still don't have their Omni's. I am SO pissed off that I have I have been waiting 4 years and still have NO idea when I will get my Omni because I have no clue how many people are even in front of me or how many times they will sell me out to commercial costumers and just keep pushing me back.
  • XainXain Posts: 122
    lol, this guy so triggered.

Honestly though sometimes when I see Sutekib post about.. really anything to do with the direction that Virtuix is taking fills me with such rage that I think I'd honestly prefer no comment at all. Used to check this hourly but I've since put it on the back burner. No reason to get my jimmies rustled over hearing Virtuix has missed another deadline. Its old news by now, the Omni's coming-- eventually. Unless they pull an Oculus and fumble to a competitor... At least they are making a killing in China, right guys?

On another note @admin if the problem with sorting out the list of backers and **** is a shortage of man power Ill do that **** for you for free,
    Wha...if Travis is 1693 and the were on 1139....then theyre making less than 500 a month. And probably way less....because youd think that some of those cancelled or were international orders...so that puts preorders at about...2018!
    Joe said:

Wha...if Travis is 1693 and the were on 1139....then theyre making less than 500 a month. And probably way less....because youd think that some of those cancelled or were international orders...so that puts preorders at about...2018!

Nah I'll bet pre orders start Q4 of this year. They likely won't be ramping up shipping until after the first 1500 units have been inspected and shipped (not backer 1500 but unit 1500) they are doing like 250 a month it seems. So I would think that ramp up will likely be June ish. Have faith it's worth it mate ^.^ the Omni is a blast.
    250 a month should mean that I have an email by now though because there are at least a hundred or more people in front of me that have backed out and/or were international. Should I not have an email yet? If they are producing 250 a month then they sure as **** shouldn't be selling any of those to anyone until kickstarter and preorders are fulfilled, especially the ones who have been waiting for FOUR YEARS. @admin what happened to the whole "linking each backlog Omni unit to a container in our production schedule"?
    They've said they gave up on that because it was too difficult, and there was mention of them having an open position to help with logistics.

The statement that not every person has added thier shipping info is a smokescreen. They know the number of kickstarters, and could report against that...if people ask for a refund, then theyd be delighting customers that get thier units early.

They're shipping commercial units now, and I feel like the phrase was ised of 'to keep the lights on'. It is pretty bad for anyone to get units before the backers, but I could see the 'if we dont do this noone gets them' approach.

In the end it feels simple...they still arent manufacturing as many as they'd like, maybe its yield issues. They aren't pulling enough revenue to scale to improve the problem, and they suck at logistics. The Commercial market is the only thing that keeps them floating while they try to fufill what outstanding orders they have. But each order is a loss, which leads to this strategy...

Undercommunicate the shipments, and offer refunds. Each unit is worth five grand in revenue to a commercial customer. Every kickstarter they can refund nets them a signifigant profit. Every preorder is still huge. Pissed off customers are irrelevant, because theyre banking on arcades at this point. No need to work on the SDK if the focus is commercial and youre looking for ground up experiences. And the support story for individuals is likely also a big loss vs commercial.

Whats sad is Im suspecting the numbers of orders are poor across the board at this point. They can't let the numbers out though because to expand they need investment.

In the end, we can expect updates like what we saw for the next year...obfuscated numbers of what went to kickstarters vs overall shipped to arcades. Kickstarter backer numbers which are meaningless without adjustments after the great thinning of intl shipments.

The product here was underestimated...construction, manufacturing, market demand, support...every logistic seems to have been bobbled. They dont want to make yet another wrong promise, so they can hide behind how wrong theyve been.

Anyway, thats my read on it. I want it to succeed, and look forward to mine. But Im setting expectations as next year for preorders because we are not getting enough data to guess otherwise...and the data we are getting points to a super slow production schedule.

In the end, the data we are not getting..I suspect above is why.

"Pissed off customers are irrelevant" Should be their new catch phrase. Seems like they are barely trying to get them to us at this point. If we really were their priority then they would have kept their promise to not send out any omnis until the kickstarters had theirs. Nothing but lies and broken promises from these guys.
    Hi guys, I'm sorry the wait is causing frustration. We're a small team but we're doing our best to get the Kickstarter rewards fulfilled - today we reached backer number 1450.
  • Fan47Fan47 Posts: 23
    sutekiB that's great to hear, so I can add it appropriately to my tracking spreadsheet where I am attempting to calculate when I can expect mine, is that the 1450th backer was emailed for shipping information/payment today, or their unit was shipped today?
    Travis, you are within a month perhaps!! Clear a space man, and lets hope you get that mail in April :)
  • mugenmugen Posts: 4
    Heard back from Virtuix. Evidently Kickstarter backers also have a pre-order number, but they are prioritized by the kickstarter number.
    My Kickstarter number is in the 2600's, so I just have to be patient.
    Good to know...so if they are at 250 a month, and don't scale further, then you'd be four months out (July). That's the highest kickstarter number I've heard so far. Now if they scale, stop doing inspections in Texas (I'd be curious to hear if that has stopped yet!), plus the number of cancellations/international orders ahead of you is high, that could move you up. I'm excited to see what tomorrows (I'm guessing they'll do the monthly update tomorrow) update brings for news. I noticed the website is different than I last saw..the blog mention is removed, and they mention they're only shipping to commercial now and such.
  • Cate54Cate54 Posts: 3
    sutekiB said:

Hi guys, I'm sorry the wait is causing frustration. We're a small team but we're doing our best to get the Kickstarter rewards fulfilled - today we reached backer number 1450.

Really? This is great because I am Kickstarter Backer #1451.

I will let you guys know when I receive any info from Virtuix.

I want to believe. I really do.
    @Fan47 By "reached backer #1,450" I mean that the emails have been sent out to those backers.
  • Cate54Cate54 Posts: 3
    sutekiB said:

@Fan47 By "reached backer #1,450" I mean that the emails have been sent out to those backers.

That is fair. I did not read anything into your post beyond communicating via email.

Thank you for the update and clarification.