- Last Active
I'm using a 3-camera setup and have had no problems whatsoever... no special steps, no quirks, and I haven't experienced any of the problems that some people have been reporting. In fact, the 1.11 update actually improved my tracking quality significantly.2
Thanks, I'll check that out. I also ran across "World of Joysticks" which has similar functionality. Ideally, this is stuff that should be built into Connect, tbh... but I'll give x360ce and WoJ a try and report back.1
Thanks for that. So I got the gist...
1. Download x360ce from http://www.x360ce.com
2. Copy the x360ce exe to the game directory.
3. Turn on your XBox controller and Omni
4. Start Omni Connect & set to Gamepad mode
5. Launch x360ce and...
6. Let x360ce download profiles for each controller from the internet automatically
7. Ignore any "Misconfigured device" errors that x360ce throws
8. Auto-detect both Controller 1 & Controller 2 (XBox & Omni, respectively)
9. Under "Options" check "Enable Combining"
10. Under each controller tab, select "Advanced" tab and check "Combine this controller" and set "Combine Into" to "One"
12. Launch the game.
That should be straightforward. We're using x360ce to combine both controllers so that the game sees them as just an XBox controller... which is important since Omni emulates a generic gamepad (not supported by pretty much any VR game) instead of an XBox gamepad, specifically. This is why I've been having problems with gamepad mode... the games only want to see it as specifically XBox gamepad #1.
So the problem I'm having right now is that as soon as I tell Controller 2 (the Omni virtual gamepad) to Combine into One, the Omni stops tracking forward movement. It will still track strafing and reverse movement, but forward movement is either ignored or tracked as reverse movement. This odd behavior is reported both in x360ce and Oculus Connect and I have to do a full system reboot to get it to work correctly again. It's really weird.1
Well, now rebooting isn't fixing the problem. Unless I put the Omni in "Forward Only" mode, it refuses to detect forward movement. I've spent all day fighting with configurations and have yet to actually play anything whatsoever with it. :-/1