What is the mass of the Virtuix Omni?

What is the mass of the Virtuix Omni?

Comments

• sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,069
    edited February 2015
    Hi @ilyasikhis welcome to the forum! It was going to be 50kg, but that's not an up-to-date figure. I'll ask and see if it's changed.
    EDIT: Swift response! It is now 60kg including the harness. You can see the difference in the old and new renders that the Omni is now more robust. Hope that helps.
    Community Manager at Virtuix
  • how exactly is someone suppose to move something of that size and weight away for easy storage?

'The omni will be easy to disassemble and store away' - kickstarter video
    The harness is separate and the support detaches from the base which can be further disassembled if necessary. I expect there will be instructional videos on how to do this. Storage methods may vary from one situation to another and I anticipate people will share their suggestions for how to do this conveniently.
  • OculusRiftRocksOculusRiftRocks Posts: 131
    edited February 2015
    umm Okay, have you found any method in which to lift the omni, how do you do it, there are not even any handles built into either side of the base for two people to lift it on either side.

have you also tried dragging it along a carpet work, with it being 60kgs seems unlikely to be feasible.
    It's easier to move once the support is separated. For dragging along a carpet, I think there will be ways to do this with a few household items!